Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEX Nitrous Kit w/ Plate

271 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  millers_srt 
#1 · (Edited)
Cleaning out the garage and figured I won't be needing this kit anymore. This is the ZEX kit designed for the Jeep SRT-8 (Part #82241), plus a few extras. I've had it for a few years and bought it used.

What's included:

ZEX Jeep SRT-8 Kit (ZEX #82241)
-10lbs Bottle, Nitrous Management Unit, Nitrous and Fuel Lines, Blow down tube, Activation switch, 75-125 HP jets
ZEX Purge Kit - Single Outlet (ZEX #82010)
-Purge solenoid, Nitrous Line & Adapter, Activation button
ZEX Remote Bottle Opener (ZEX #82009)
-Bottle opener, Switch
ZEX Pressure Gauge (ZEX #82005)
ZEX Bottle Heater (ZEX #82006)
Nitrous Outlet Throttle Body Plate

Condition of the Components:

The Jeep SRT-8 kit is complete and includes all of the original components. The parts for the fuel rail adapter are present, but need assembled. This will require a 6-inch piece of rubber fuel line (available at any parts store). The bottle does have scratches in its purple coating (evident in the photos) caused by the mounting brackets and moving it around. The bottle itself is in perfect working order and is not dented. The pressure gauge has already been installed on the bottle and will arrive that way. The Nitrous Management Unit (NMU) controls the nitrous oxide and fuel flow and is activated off the throttle position sensor when the throttle blade is open to the WOT position. The "shark" nozzle that came with the original kit is included, but the better method of injecting the nitrous oxide and fuel in the intake manifold is the Nitrous Outlet Plate that mounts directly behind the throttle body using only longer bolts. The plate uses the same jets as the "shark" nozzle. The only thing extra needed in the additional wiring and connectors.

The purge kit is also in perfect working order. It includes the nitrous line and adapter, which is already installed in-line with the NMU. The remote bottle opener is in working order, but is a little beat up from its original owner. I never used it, but it was modified and a bolt is now used to secure it around the bottle. The bottle heater was originally meant to be hard-wired into a switch mounted near the driver. It has been modified to plug into the 12V outlet in the Jeep's cargo area. It can be easily converted by to be hard-wired in. The nitrous plate is in perfect condition.

I also have the instructions for the Nitrous Kit, Bottle Opener and Purge Kit.

I'd like to $500 out of the whole setup, includes shipping. If you do local pickup, the bottle is nearly full and I will give it to you that way ($40-50 worth of nitrous); otherwise, I will have to empty it for shipping. PM me if you're interested.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.