Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys launch when you race? power brake it? or just hit it , also in drive or the slap stick

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
You just need to play with your own truck... You will get MANY mixed opinions, on different set ups...

I played around at the track seeing what my truck liked, and it like the most to launch off idle, in auto stick..

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I shallow stage, flat punch it on the last yellow, and leave in autostick....with abs fuse pulled.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
auto stick to first, esp off.... mash it...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Esp off, auto stick .. pin it to win it

I havent had luck with power breaking on my stock set up ... anyone power break their forced induction rigs ? - or is anyone running launch control systems / anti lag ?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts

I havent had luck with power breaking on my stock set up ... anyone power break ?
I don't like doing it, i did it at 1500 and didn't like it... With my new set up i have no idea.. we'll see... But with the stock set up i didn't like it... just IMO, everyone has their own style

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
1500 launch in auto stick me shifting it... abs fuse pulled

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
I asked bill about stalling it and with stock converter he said around 1000

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
You just need to play with your own truck... You will get MANY mixed opinions, on different set ups...

I played around at the track seeing what my truck liked, and it like the most to launch off idle, in auto stick..
Exactly ;) , same as asking how do i ***** this chick , play with her and with time you'll figure out what she likes best :)...

·
Registered
123 Posts
power brake it to about 2000rpm, that has got me my fastest 1/8th mile

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
All Chicks like it only one way.......Hard, sweaty, and Legs behind their ears!:silly:
You wrong , try Asian chicks he he

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Guys run staggered air pressure too, with 5 - 7 lbs more up front. I tried 33 and 40 last time I was out (before maggie)

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
All Chicks like it only one way.......Hard, sweaty, and Legs behind their ears!:silly:
That's 3 ways keoni??? :confused:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts

I havent had luck with power breaking on my stock set up ... anyone power break their forced induction rigs ? - or is anyone running launch control systems / anti lag ?
I have a converter of course but I first started launching it first time out with the turbo off idle. I cut a 1.60. Next I started bringing it up to 2000-2500 and got down to 1.55.

Then next event I started getting greedy. Started launching it at 3000-3400. 60's got better. Got down to 1.50.

Like said above, every Jeep is different. I haven't tried pulling the ABS fuse yet with the turbo. Just hitting the button. Notice the reaction times got better too on the second time out. Your loading the converter with fluid too when you bring up the revs. It takes less time for it to hit out of the hole.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
For my setup ..stock plus vortech v3
It was traction button. mirrors in and just flash converter in auto stick
11.6 115mph 1.71 60'
In drive i lost 2 mph
with traction on it was useless
and stalling factory converter left the line much harder but limped by the time it shifted second.

·
Registered
555 Posts
So after reading this thread now I have a question, do i put it in autostick and shift it myself?. or i just put it in autostick and then after the first shift put it in drive?, i raced mine 3 tmes last weekend and the best times were in auto, and i power braked it a little in te pass with the best time, but with me shifting i lost .10 and 4 miles.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
So after reading this thread now I have a question, do i put it in autostick and shift it myself?. or i just put it in autostick and then after the first shift put it in drive?, i raced mine 3 tmes last weekend and the best times were in auto, and i power braked it a little in te pass with the best time, but with me shifting i lost .10 and 4 miles.

Put it in auto-stick, but let it shift itself.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts