Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question...and maybe I'm over thinking this...

One of, if not the reason to incorporate an x-pipe into an exhaust system is to balance out exhaust flow, evening out gases as they exit from their respective banks. It's usually suggested to put the x-pipe right after the headers (collectors), and before the muffler(s). For us it is usually the general region of where the passenger cat and spaghetti pipe is just before the muffler.

With out exhaust running down the passenger side of the vehicle, hence having the driver side's pipe being an additional ~3' longer, does an x-pipe really balance things out since thing are even further unbalanced due to the differing lengths of pipe? :read: :shrug03:

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
...there was a post on here, that is old..... explains that an x-pipe will not benefit the jeeps, b/c it is
designed to balance out already, that is why it looks weird.

when you read it ...... makes perfect sense. (maybe search?)

my opinion, i think it is a waste of money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This might be stupid, so feel free to tell me so, but it doesn't seem that our exhaust is very balanced. I can feel much more hot air (pressure) being pushed out of one side of the exhaust versus the other (i believe it's the driver's side).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.