Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my son and I were headed home on 2-23-12 and I decided to stop and take a look at the new SRT8 Jeep :eek: ( only 1 in NM ) according to this Dealer. :confused: so we pull up in my 07 & salesman quickly appears. I get into new SRT, like the interior. get out and do the normal walk around, then start chatting with salesman. so I ask how much, he states 70k. :eek: im like really! he's like yup! I ask how many miles on her, he says 1k as owner is using it as his Demo. :thinkerg: so I tell him, then it's no-longer new, it's used, so how much! again he says 70k, I look at him & tell him, so owner uses this as his Demo puts 1k miles on it ( more by now) drives it like however the F%$# he wants & you want 70k. he says yup! so I tell him to keep it,:p turn to look at my Baby as I had parked right behind the new SRT8 & right then come to realize my 07 does look better than the new JCGSRT8. not to mention that out rages price tag. for those that have purchased the new Beast, I salute you all. but personally seeing them side by side, the older models beat it in the Looks Sharp, more Agressive, better stance, nicer wheels, Dept. so I will keep my 07 & just make up the 50 horses it's missing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'll bite. I saw one driving around the other day and it looked pretty freaking cool. IMHO either vehicle you choose, wk1 or wk2, a big ass ear to ear grin will always be on your face while driving either one

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I think you're being a big baby, pure'n simple.

The fact that the dealership is attempting to dry-hump you has absolutely nothing to do with the quality/worth of the WK2. You're allowing your emotions to cloud logic.

Now if you'd told me that the truck really let you down in the looks department, I'd respect that. But getting mad at an inanimate object because the salesman and dealership are both asses.....sorry, that don't work for me.

Oh, and for what it's worth; I ordered an 2012 SRT (everything but rear dvd for $62,500 CAN), but find the pre-12's better looking.

Reactions: LASRT

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
That being the only one in NM is total BS. Where you at? I'm in Albuquerque, well Rio Rancho. I personally checked out 2 WK2s here and this was about a month ago. So tell them they are full of $hit. One just sold a few days ago. A Mineral Gray, the Black is still in the show room at the other dealer across town. The dealer tried that same BS with me when I was checking them out. Little did they know I already owned one ;) I bought mine while I was out working in Ft Wayne, IN.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter, I know, I know, I cried all they way back to my 07 and drove off, with that stupid little Grin that I've had since buying it. :). Mongoose, I'm here in Alb, the one I saw is at Integraty on Lomas Blvd. we are Gona have to meet up sometime.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Peter, I know, I know, I cried all they way back to my 07 and drove off, with that stupid little Grin that I've had since buying it. :). Mongoose, I'm here in Alb, the one I saw is at Integraty on Lomas Blvd. we are Gona have to meet up sometime.
I think I heard the stories about that demo jeep BS then.

I'm leaving town today for work in a few hours lol. I'll be gone for a while. Like a month or more kind of while.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can't believe so many people think the older is so much nicer. I guess if you own one, and for whatever reason can't get the new one, then you justify to yourself it is nicer. The WK1 is a very nice vehicle, but does not compare to the new one. It just looks dated in every department when you compare the two. I agree the stance can a little more aggressive, but that will be fixed once it is lowered. Also the chrome boomerang has to go. But most people are comparing a heavily modded WK1 to a stock WK2. That is not a true comparison.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Mongoose, you need a sitter for the jeep ? :) then lets meet up when ever you get back to town.
Haha, Jeep comes with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Srt8am, believe me I'm not justifying why the older model looks nicer, especially over the price that's just obsured. It's the fact that it is to round -Bimmer- look to that really doesn't do it for me. But I completely understand that some of our Brotheren do like the new look, and that's just fine. But not all of us are going to, and that's fine to. I have mine, you have yours and they have theirs. With the common denominator being that we are happy with what we have and are intact in the same SRT8 family.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having owned a 08-10 SRT I feel my 12 is a more mature SRT. It's not as sporty,the exhaust and exterior is boring. The interior is a little nicer. Mine doesn't feel like it proforms or handles any better than my other 2. I would never pay $70k for this Jeep. I found mine used with 930 miles and got a great price but it was still $15k more than I paid for my 10. SRT needs to step up there game for $66000 sticker. I don't see the WK2 selling like the WK1 did. Just my thoughts. I like both.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree that at the end of the day it's all about our vehicle making us happy.

If you really want one you just need to take your time and find the right deal. The local dealers wanted 10k and another 5k over list . I ended finding one over 200 miles away for a couple of grand under list. They also delivered the vehicle to my house.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Having owned a 08-10 SRT I feel my 12 is a more mature SRT. It's not as sporty,the exhaust and exterior is boring. The interior is a little nicer. Mine doesn't feel like it proforms or handles any better than my other 2. I would never pay $70k for this Jeep. I found mine used with 930 miles and got a great price but it was still $15k more than I paid for my 10. SRT needs to step up there game for $66000 sticker. I don't see the WK2 selling like the WK1 did. Just my thoughts. I like both.
If you feel so lukewarm about your WK2, why did you buy it?

Didn't you test-drive it first?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, they are crazy asking 70 for a Demo....In MD, none of the places I went wanted more than sticker. I actually got $1000 off.

I don't know what to say when I hear someone say that they can't tell the difference in ride between the WK1 and WK2.....I personally love how wide the WK2 is, I was just looking at it in the garage. Im in love with mine!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You should preface your opinions with "I believe" or "In my opinion", it's a better form of communication. When you say "the exhaust and exterior is boring",what are you implying? It's not as aggressive as the WK1? If that's what you mean, then by most people's account, that's probably an accurate statement. However I guarantee if you collected 1,000 random people and asked a simple question: Is the exhaust and exterior boring on this vehicle? and showed them a '12 SRT8, you would have a near unanimous poll in favor of the opposite opinion. Sorry, I just think people need to learn how to effectively communicate an opinion as opposed to making factual claims based on their on subjective perception of reality. Ps - for the $66K sticker, you're getting more luxury and balls than more vehicles I can count on one hand with a higher ticket. The '12 SRT8 is a steal for the animal of a vehicle you get. Straight up.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Why is that so hard for some of you to believe? That's how I felt when I drove the 12.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Why is that so hard for some of you to believe? That's how I felt when I drove the 12.
Yeah but the difference is he still bought the car. Go figure.

But it's his money.....

For me, if I felt a car's exterior boring and performance so-so, no way in hell would I plunk down 60 big ones on it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.