Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a commercial for the new Dodge Journey and couldn't believe what I saw. The Journey actually has the option of the Uconnect 8.4N navigation unit but they wont put one in the WK2 SRT8. This picture is completely screwed up. :mad:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
In the end, you'll still be driving a Minivan

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Hmm... Big decision here, lets see... Journey with 8.4N or Jeep SRT??? :D
On a serious note... The 2013 or 14 will have it by then. But then that would jack up the price another $10K :lol:

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Just saw a commercial for the new Dodge Journey and couldn't believe what I saw. The Journey actually has the option of the Uconnect 8.4N navigation unit but they wont put one in the WK2 SRT8. This picture is completely screwed up. :mad:
Another CHRYSLER FAIL IMHO!

I mean c'mon people. Realistically we are looking at Dodge and Jeep here, but still. You went "TOP OF THE LINE" with the interior on the SRT Jeep but forget to add the nicer nav. Whatever :mad:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here's another fun one for you. The Journey also has LED taillights, the WK2 does not.

The new Journey is actually a very nice vehicle, thought completely different from an SRT8 Jeep. It's a great little crossover with a nice interior, plenty of space, and very comfortable at a great price point.

If it makes you feel better, the Journey doesn't have the option for HIDs though. At all.

An SRT Journey with the rumor'd turbocharged Pentastar would be a pretty neat little vehicle though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's another fun one for you. The Journey also has LED taillights, the WK2 does not.

The new Journey is actually a very nice vehicle, thought completely different from an SRT8 Jeep. It's a great little crossover with a nice interior, plenty of space, and very comfortable at a great price point.

If it makes you feel better, the Journey doesn't have the option for HIDs though. At all.

An SRT Journey with the rumor'd turbocharged Pentastar would be a pretty neat little vehicle though.
Yet another example of the MASSIVE failure the new wk2 is. I sure hope the person in charge of the wk2 and final approval of the product pays a price. At the 60 to 65K range all the previous mention features on the Journey and then some MUST be included on the wk2 to be competitive. When you spend that kind of money I'm sure most of us expect to get all the bells & whistles.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
bells and whistles may be an option in 2013. for another 5k.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
bells and whistles may be an option in 2013. for another 5k.
:lol: Let's not give them any more ideas, or we'll be a looking at a six figure jeep in the future.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Does anyone have the new nav in their LX ? Whats so special about it ?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 2011 Journey Crew with the 3.6 Pentastar and 6 speed tranny and the 8.4 screen.

We had a hard time to find one with the bigger 8.4" screen. I had to let go the black color and get a white one instead (i know it sucks!!). They are limited availability because of what happen in Japan. You cannot order a new 2012 journey with the 8.4" screen right now....maybe later this year.

It is a great feature to have. The smaller 4" screen is nothing compare to the bigger one.

PS: Jeremy, the 2.4L is a inline 4 cylinder not a V6. lol

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
How about the navigation application...is it different than the current one? All I know is, out of the 10+ different factory navigations I have toyed with the setup in the Wk1 is by the far the worst. I have never experienced anything so non-user friendly. It takes an eternity to do any destinations and there is no factory override where you can use it in motion. What a piece of junk. So it's not the screen size I care about, it's the functionality.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry can't tell, i don't have the nav option in it. My journey is fully loaded but the Nav.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The new Journey nav is pretty slick. It's kinda like the Ford SYNC setup, but with less crashes. I thought it was very intuitive.

I think you can actually add the nav to the 8.4" by just buying the nav SD card. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm sure it wouldn't have costed much more to make this a standard feature in the WK2. It's a really neat feature. I played around with one at dealer here when i took mine in to have the head unit looked at.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree that this option wouldn't be much to add. Also looking at the interior with the current unit, there would be plenty of space to add it. Looks like all they would need to do is slide the AC controls down towards the row of buttons below it and the space would be more than adequate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts