Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please anyone ever have this issue and fix it?

All I did was a simple 93 cai tune with the predator, now I have no sound from radio, sat or cd..

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
re-load the stock tune. make sure your predator is up to date and then reload the 93 cai tune. i always turn my radio off BEFORE loading the tune. I had this happen when i first got my trinity. but i was able to do this and it worked fine afterwards

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
^^ Yeah, try loading the stock tune back and then the 93 again, and as kmitch said, make sure its up to date.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was already up to date im still trying to find the 9r28l update i updated to 9r12 bc i have an older tuner apparently..but it works...i fixed it by going back out to the truck to see whats wrong with it couple hours later...and it came on when i started it up..guess it fixed itself lol

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
These god damn diablo tools! 
..................LOL

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
This has happened to my 08' three times since May and never once was it because of a DSP or Trinity. I find when I start it up sometimes and usually after I have been playing music off if the HD, the radio will randomly be completely without any sound. The only way it goes away for me is to simply wait a while after turning it off and by the time I get back in it to go somewhere it works again. My software is totally up to date too btw. Just happens, it's weird.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
This used to happen to me but it wasn't related to loading tunes. Just some days you had no sound from the radio. Updating the MyGIG software to the latest revision seemed to correct it for me. It hasn't happened since I loaded that new version.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
How do you update MyGig?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
How do you update MyGig?

You can update it through the dealer but it usually costs a chunk of change. Or you could buy a DSP or Trinity and it can update it for you. Mine still has done it once since my update, I think it's just a flaw with these systems honestly. So many technical computerized things on these Jeeps =]
The good news is that it always goes away and eventually fixes itself.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
updating the radio software??? how can I do that? i updated the maps stuff but i doubt it updates the radio stuff. I want to find a OEM touch screen..is the my gig a touchscreen? and can it be dropped right into the 07'?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
updating the radio software??? how can I do that? i updated the maps stuff but i doubt it updates the radio stuff. I want to find a OEM touch screen..is the my gig a touchscreen? and can it be dropped right into the 07'?
I think my gig started in 08' didn't it? Yes it's touch screen on mine. Either way when I used a DSP to update mine it just told me I needed to update and it did it for me.... Radio, maps etc all at once. The dealership can do it too but it costs money. Also as I mentioned, mine fixes itself after a little while with the vehicle turned off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts