Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,180 Posts
We're not allowed to talk about the price... it gets people upset becuase its been brought up a few times before. :)

Reactions: mklaus

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
The people getting upset now for us talking about the ridiculous prices will be even more upset next year when these will be selling for under or around 55k. If only people were more patient in life.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
We're not allowed to talk about the price... it gets people upset becuase its been brought up a few times before. :)
That's a ridiculous statement and you know it. Of course you can talk about the price in a thread like this, just not in threads where the discussion has nothing to do with pricing. Those are the threads where people are getting upset in.

Bernie

·
Registered
333 Posts
The people getting upset now for us talking about the ridiculous prices will be even more upset next year when these will be selling for under or around 55k. If only people were more patient in life.
no way. That would require invoice pricing PLUS a $4000+ rebate. Jeep hasn't offered more than a $1000 base rebate on the ENTIRE LINE of the WK2 since it came to market.

No matter how much you people try to keep pushing this theory, it's not going to come true.

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,180 Posts
Haha. This thread has potential.
Agreed...

Bernie I was being sarcastic. Is sarcasm still allowed or does that also warrant another forum infringement? :rolleyes:

If the economy doesn't improve and gas prices continue to rise.... yes, the bottom will fall out from the WK2 market. But if things turn around there' sa good chance they'll hold more value. You've just got to ask yourself... "What would the dealer offer me if I sold this thing back to him next year?" The answer obviously isn't $75K, or anything close... figure they'll look at it as a $55k truck brand new, offer you around $40 for it in a year, and put it back on the market at $50, trying to make 5K off the deal after they get "talked down". so the REAL devaluation in a year's time is from $75 to $40, in this particular example. That is the way its been for almost all Jeep Grand Cherokees.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Agreed...

Bernie I was being sarcastic. Is sarcasm still allowed or does that also warrant another forum infringement? :rolleyes:

If the economy doesn't improve and gas prices continue to rise.... yes, the bottom will fall out from the WK2 market. But if things turn around there' sa good chance they'll hold more value.
Now that's sarcasm! Oh wait......

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
no way. That would require invoice pricing PLUS a $4000+ rebate. Jeep hasn't offered more than a $1000 base rebate on the ENTIRE LINE of the WK2 since it came to market.

No matter how much you people try to keep pushing this theory, it's not going to come true.
Someone on here, Carszman (sorry if it's spelled wrong) paid 58k for his, and this with the luxo group, which is like 4k. I honestly do not want the luxo group, nor the pano roof, on my vehicle, so that would make the price around 54-55k or not? :D

And something else of interest maybe, not very accurate but still interesting, not?

:silly:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

They are offering $3K rebate on 2011's right now. . .

·
Registered
333 Posts
They are offering $3K rebate on 2011's right now. . .
then they just added it, which makes sense because literally 2 weeks ago I was looking at buying a leftover 2011 Overland in Dark Charcoal and the dealer wanted more than I could buy a 2012 for from the big Baltimore dealers!! There was $1000 or 0% for 60mths. They said they had no wiggle room otherwise because of the small margin and the fact the vehicle was built in June, not long ago. There are a lot of 2011's left over and a lot of 2012's out. I fear Jeep, with the success of the WK2 line, has now flooded the dealers stock with them.

As for $55k...still don't see it happening until they allow orders to be placed without the required option packages.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well you could save a little bit of money in Western Canada (NOT). One dealer was also at 76,800, and the other at 72,800, with the line "Last one in Western Canada until March". Better not be the case!!!!!!

I wonder if I had made the dealer put in my contract that they would pay me interest on my deposit, if they would have been so eager to take it back in August......

Oh well, they are going to keep hearing from me on a regular basis.

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
I still do not understand why the option removal isn't possible!

I personally do NOT want that adaptive speed nonsense on my vehicle, way too much techy stuff that will eventually go crazy. I also have no need for the pano roof, as beautiful as it looks. The stereo option would be the only thing I would pay for.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
There are a couple dealers around Chicago that have "base" models that are stickered at around 55k.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts