Someone should buy this supercharger.:D

Bernie

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
I feel safer knowing that is has a security code on the package.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn, i'm gonna have to call brad and change my build... big power...

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Hilarious stuff

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Again, you're never get that thing finished if you keep changing stuff. Don't blame you though this looks like it will put down some serious power. LOL

Jim
Hahahaha, elictric blowers ftw... lol, but my build is finalized, has been for about 3 weeks... Now it needs to get done!

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Damn man.... that $500 turbo kit from EBay is SAAAWEET!! I might tell Dwight we are out of business. Tough to compete with that sweet deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Me and a friend actually tested similar products on old cars we have here (to drive around for fun but mainly to test various things on).

The turbo-kit does work but of course the quality is really crappy...
You also do need loads of custom work to go with it. We had the tools, but if you don't have any tools to bend pipes and such just keep away (well, keep away anyhow, even if you have tools......)
We used the car almost every day and revved it (we got a small abandoned parking lot nearby)
Day 1: overheating of the pipes which made them bend, they where way too thin and the material used was melted bottle-caps or something.
Day 2: more overheating of pipes, we had to replace one crappy pipe with one of our own because it kept bending.
Day 6: the turbo making an awful noise, the turbine wheel was failing, also we noticed huge loss of power.
Day 9: turbo noise painful to the ears, huge lag and severe loss of power.
Day 10: the turbo pissing oil everywhere, and at that point we considered it to be completely broken.
In other words: these kits are only good if you don't have a lot of money, want a turbo, drive like a nanny so things don't overheat or blow up, and are a huge idiot.

About the "Supercharger fan blower"-things.
The only thing that did was make a lot of noise for 4 days and then a fuse blew, no real noticeable power gains. I do have to be honest, it did keep the pipe cool when standing still while leaving the engine running, but that's really the only thing it did "good".

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
What if the supercharger fan was installed in the brake duct mod on the Volant CAI. Maybe it'd help supply cool air while in stop and go traffic. Also, if it broke it's before the filter so nothing gets in the engine. And, if it can't supply enough air that's where the stock snokle mod comes into play. Just and idea after reading the previous post.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
lol.... none of those crappy "supercharger" toys could ever keep up with the amount of air needed for our Hemi`s at WOT.

I get a kick out of watching that electric supercharger video^. Every time the guy in the video calls that thing a supercharger it sounds funny. I also like that he needed to point out to us that the fan blade was actually metal! lol since the turbine isnt plastic thats a serious supercharger right there! :lol:

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
God I would love to see the $450 turbo installed on something.

·
Miss Understood
13,911 Posts
well i just ordered it im installing it in my jeep im selling the vortech

1 - 15 of 15 Posts