Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as you all know we have started production of the WK2 SRT8 intake!!

So here it is first 10 ppl to order will pay the sale price of $389.99 + shipping. Once 10 orders have been placed this deal will be over and will return to the regular sale price of $439.99.

4 inch TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE!! -$389.99 This includes Intake w silicone coupler, new washer bottle, all fender well clips, K&N filter, harnesses for washer bottle and all hardware. Upgrades are listed below

Powdercoating is always an option with single stage colors (reds, blues etc) being $20.00 and two stage colors ( anodized, candy etc) being $35.00

Dry Charger ( highly recomended) - $32.95
T-Bolt clamps- $10.00

FIRST 10 in Order
1. YKPizzaguy -- Paid
2. Mongoose9400 -- Paid
3. Cwh80 -- Paid

Please call 443-502-2941 to place order or email me [email protected]

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Any pics of the new washer fluid reservoir? Capacity differences between the stock and after market. If I placed a order today how long to be delivered?

Oh yeah, brand of dry charger?

EDIT: Ordered an intake.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
:rocker:#1 baby LMFAO this is how it all started with the 09

On the bright side I sure get a lot of airmiles off all this stuff ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend with a regular hemi looking for a cai, would this work on the 5.7 jeep?
No it is different. But i do have a short ram wk2 intake

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Any pics of the new washer fluid reservoir? Capacity differences between the stock and after market. If I placed a order today how long to be delivered?

Oh yeah, brand of dry charger?

EDIT: Ordered an intake.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
That didn't take long Zac, what was that you were saying yesterday about impluse buy. :p So what color did you get?

Jim

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Anodized Red for the paint job.

Yeah, I contacted Volant about their intake. They have nothing yet in the works. I do like the bwoody intake, it'll get plenty of cold air. Looks pretty cool too. Yeah, I'm impulsive at times lol ;)

On a side note. Instead of fighting to get the IAT sensor out when it comes time to install the bwoody. I picked a new one up at the dealer for under $6. They are easy to break and last time I cut mine out. For $6 you can't go wrong picking up a new one to ease install.

Part# 1-05149279AB

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Surprised more guys haven't jumped on this great offer! All those threads about where are the CAIs at lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does it come with installation directions and pics? I've never installed one before and don't want to get in over my head! Will there be any performance gains by installing this? What is a dry charger? Sorry i'm a noob at this !:) Thanks

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Does it come with installation directions and pics? I've never installed one before and don't want to get in over my head! Will there be any performance gains by installing this? What is a dry charger? Sorry i'm a noob at this !:) Thanks
DryChargers are manufactured from a durable polyester material and are pre-treated with a proprietary hydrophobic process designed to prevent splashes of water or mud from saturating your air filter. The DryCharger will also stop small dirt particles; yet add little restriction to the airflow of the filter. Please be aware the DryCharger is water repellent, not water proof. Depending on conditions and usage the water repellent treatment is good for 1 to 2 years.

Installation shouldn't be to difficult. This one seems a little more involved than others. I'll probably takes pics and post up a little how to when mine comes in. Should be next week I'm told. Basic hand tools and some basic mechanical knowledge and you should be good to go. I was told its about a 1.5 hour project by Ben.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: megabass

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's what i thought. By the pictures it looks like this will be getting wet. So no real performance gains with this?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
That's what i thought. By the pictures it looks like this will be getting wet. So no real performance gains with this?
It should give gains. I'd say around 10 hp and 10 tq based on other CAIs installed on other 6.4L SRT8s. I don't think water will be a big issue. It'll get misted but that's nothing to worry about. Just don't drive into deep standing water which could submerge the entire filter.

The filter seems well protected in its location, worse case a cover could be fabbed up to cover the opening in the grill for bad weather.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
First Gen Bwoody intake review from wkjeeps:

Here it is the only true cold air intake available for the SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We have experienced 1.2 to 2.6 mpg gain!!! Dash hawk temps at WOT are 3-4 degrees lower than ambient temps, Dash hawk 0-60 has decreased by .3, on our bone stock srt-8 Jeep with the K&N drop in and the snorkel mod our 1/4 mile time was 13.394, with the BWoody cold air intake we now run a 13.228 consistantly, thats a .166 decrease in the 1/4 mile on a bone stock Jeep srt-8!!

Flowbench results showed a whopping 244.5 cfm increase over the OEM airbox!!

Our intake was dyno tested against a competitors and showed an 8 hp. and 15 tq. gain!!

Our intake was also dyno tested against the OEM intake and showed a 17.4 whp gain!!!

Reactions: megabass

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@mega please give me a call anytime during the week 443-502-2941 and ill be happy to answer any questions you have. But mongoose is correct.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Surprised more guys haven't jumped on this great offer! All those threads about where are the CAIs at lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S
I thought for sure 10 ppl would have jumped on this by now !! WOW:confused:

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I thought for sure 10 ppl would have jumped on this by now !! WOW:confused:
I think a lot of ppl with the 2012 unless they had a WK1 are just waiting to see it in a few jeeps first. I know I looked at this one and was wondering what I could even MOD on it. My 09 was easy. There is a lot more to mess up on the 12 if you change one thing 10 things could be affected. So I think that might have something to do with it also. And I know not everyone likes being "the first" to try something but I don't mind taking one for the team. I had many of your parts on my 09 so I'm not even a little worried about this. And a true working CAI :D AWESOME.
Don't worry. "You have built it....they will come!"

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok, Mongoose and YK , when are you expecting yours? Let me know how the installs go(any problems to look for or CEL) and I will probably pull the trigger on this one. By the pics it looks as though it will be lined up right below the hood extractor which could spell problems in heavy rain or going through the car wash!:eek: Thanks

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Ok, Mongoose and YK , when are you expecting yours? Let me know how the installs go(any problems to look for or CEL) and I will probably pull the trigger on this one. By the pics it looks as though it will be lined up right below the hood extractor which could spell problems in heavy rain or going through the car wash!:eek: Thanks
With a Dry Charger you dont have to worry about water so much..as long as you dont totaly dip it in water its fine...Dry Chargers were made for personal water craft so if it works on a lake im not worried about a little back splash..and I think mine has shipped....as soon as its in my hands it will be put in.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I talked with Ben today, waiting on some washer bottle wires to come in. I'm trying to get mine here by Friday. I gotta leave for work on the weekend. So if I don't get it before the end of the week it'll be a while before I get mine installed. If it comes in I'll post install pics up for the other guys.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.