Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the video below. Looks like the WK2 SRT8 made a big splash in china

· Registered
223 Posts
I didn't think they would drive those kind of cars over there. God bless them. I wonder how many they are allocated.

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
3,086 Posts
They can drive them in China.They just have to pay double for it.Here its 63k over there is 126k taxes import fees
and i thought we were getting shafted over here:eek:

· Has Been
8,532 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Offloading all the ones they can't sell stateside?
you do realize that Chrysler does sell vehicles in China??

Yeah the 126k price is outrageous for our standards BUT believe it or not in China you se more high end cars than you would in The Hamptons....a buddy of mine goes there all the time for work, and he said it is unbelievable how many ferraris, lambos, Buggatis, GTRs and other high end cars he saw there. For being a communist country China has a lot of money and there is a lot of rich people there.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts

Yeah the 126k price is outrageous for our standards BUT believe it or not in China you se more high end cars than you would in The Hamptons....a buddy of mine goes there all the time for work, and he said it is unbelievable how many ferraris, lambos, Buggatis, GTRs and other high end cars he saw there. For being a communist country China has a lot of money and there is a lot of rich people there.
Not trying to stray off topic but I wouldn't put a GTR in the same class as Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Buggatis. If you are strictly speaking of "high end" performance wise then yeah it can compete in terms of track times etc. Not hating on the GTR, hell it's one of my dream vehicles and I would love to own one someday, but it's no where near as Top shelf as the others mentioned in terms of all around craftsmanship.

· Registered
425 Posts

Yup, did you guys see all those crazy Chinese waiting outside the Apple store in Beijing and Shanghai for the iPhone 4S?......there were saying tens of thousands! Those people will literally pay ANY price to get their hands on the latest Western hi-tech gadget.

A Jeep costing 126K is peanuts to some of those wealthy Chinese.

· Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
Where's ACE when you need him to chime in on the Asians.

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts

Everytime I go it's crazy.Its true you will see more highend cars there than any place in the world and they pay double and smile.We went to a Ferrari dealer there it can be more than double on some cars do to low production numbers.So double + over sticker.Great place to see

· Registered
2,822 Posts
They can drive them in China.They just have to pay double for it.Here its 63k over there is 126k taxes import fees
I go to Asia about 4 times a year. That's only for vehicles with motors 3.0L or under (could be 3.5). Anything over and you can tack another 30%+ on top of the double charge...maybe more

A friend of ours purchased a 458 and I want to say he paid around $800k for it. I'll have to double check

· Registered
2,822 Posts

It depends where you are. I've spent a lot of time in Beijing and Shanghai and you do not see supercars there frequently. YOu will see a lot of basic exotics though like Ferrari 430s, 458s, Gallardos, Murcis, etc. If you want to see Supercars go to Singapore or Hong Kong. That's where they are at. I stayed at the Mandarin Marina in November and I was woken up every night, throughout the night, by roaring V12s. I even saw what I believe to be a Zonda Cinque.

· Registered
425 Posts
Without China, over 90% of what we own, use and enjoy today will not exist.

Think about that.

Reactions: a-kon
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.