Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking I may try to make a snorkel mod for the stock air box. Drop me a K&N filter element in there. I looked at the local parts store, but I'd need to get one on order.

After looking around the stock intake I noticed that the bottom is open and has a shield that extends down towards the bottom of the frame, not airtight though. There are brake ducts again like the WK1. They are located underneath the front fascia. In the front fascia by the chrome boomerang they do duct air into the engine bay. I was thinking of running flexible piping from behind the driver side chrome boomerang up to the intake. I think the best way to integrate it would be to drill a hole in the side of the intake box below the filter in the open space and duct the air into there. It wouldn't be an airtight seal, but it may bring in more and cooler air into the mix. Just playing with some ideas at the moment. There is a lot of crap in the way, so running some piping my not be easy. Other option is in the driver wheel well, the bottom of the intake box is open and right next to the lining in the wheel well. Maybe duct from there?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The air shoots up from that opening on the bottom of the air box that has been removed.I did the CAI buried in the same corner place facing down.Do you think it should be more air coming up ?

It should work, but being exposed to the engine and not being sealed off I'm not sure by how much. Probably get a lot of heat soak, but while moving may work.

If you feel around the driver wheel well (the liners seems semi permeable) you'll see where it could pull air from the wheel easily. Just the liner is in the way. The factory ducting going down low helps, but it's not air tight.

I liked the sealed Volant CAI on my WK1. IATs 1-3* above ambient. Can't get much colder than that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.