Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I have a 2015 WK2 SRT. My car started running a little rough when I have the ac on. Turned the ac off and it sounds/feels better but not perfect.
Also, if anyone knows a good shop in the Philly or Annapolis area. I would appreciate the recommendation.
I’m in Philly suburbs until the 29th then to Annapolis for a week. Home is St. Petersburg FL. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries but thanks. No codes. The only misfire happened the day before I started the car and heard the tick.
I’m looking forward to putting a new engine in. Should be even more fun :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
No codes. The week I started noticing something was off. Rough running when the ac was on was my first sign and it went south pretty fast. One week later is when I heard the tapping.
If it's the lifters you should be able to detect misfires using VCM scanner or a fancy biderctional tool like Witech. I say this because not all misfires trigger CEL like when my lifter went bad on my '15 SRT. It was misfiring and my 0-60 was in 7s lol but no CEL for some weird reason.
Anyway at least now you have a good reason to do some nice upgrades, and don't forget the valve springs! I've had an intake valve spring break months after I did the lifters and MDS delete... It's not fun to tear into your engine twice within 6 months!

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts