Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work for a jeep dealership. we had and wk2 srt8 in the shop with 200 miles with the rear diff already out. hopefully this is a just a random single car issue and not going to be a common problem. just thought i'd share

· Registered
220 Posts
how do you know if you have this problem, what are the signs?

· The ModMan
5,792 Posts
I think it will make strange noises!!!

pretty much...and slow tight turns (pulling into the garage, backing out of a parking spot etc). some have already noted the symptoms but here they are again. the rear tends to drag and there is some definitely binding in the rear...can be heard from outside the car. some said this is the lockers not disengaging due to the contaminated fluid...how the techs came up with a failed read dif on mine and claim the t-case should be okay is beyond me....

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
how do you know if you have this problem, what are the signs?
When you make a full turn or a U-turn the rear end lockers don't unlock correctly and it vibrates with a shuffle sound.You will know if you have that problem.The water in the Transfer case has to be flushed out each time they flush it they do it twice.

· Registered
220 Posts
When you make a full turn or a U-turn the rear end lockers don't unlock correctly and it vibrates with a shuffle sound.You will know if you have that problem.The water in the Transfer case has to be flushed out each time they flush it they do it twice.
Ok thanks. Mine is good!

· Registered
69 Posts
I have lots of noise from the rear end when going into drive and reverse. Also can hear and feel a clunk when it shifts. Hearing a whining on deceleration or on the highway. Guess I will be making a trip to the dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.