Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
60k....id rather buy a few years old lightly used Z06 and still have left over change... or a new GT500 loaded..too much technology and luxury no enough "GO"

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
60k....id rather buy a few years old lightly used Z06 and still have left over change... or a new GT500 loaded..too much technology and luxury no enough "GO"
If me and the wife wernt retired i mite but would wait for the 8 speed tranny. I CAN GET A CHALLENGER AND MAYBE THE CHARGER SRT8 BUT I WOULD STILL WAIT FOR THE 8 SPEED.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Did they reduce the price? Everything minus towing and the price is $59,285. That's around 62-63 OTD @ MSRP. Not the $67-70k people were claiming.

If this had the 8" screen and 6 or 8 speed tranny that wouldn't be a bad deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I read this thread when it was posted and went onto the Jeep website and built my SRT8. Surprisingly, the price was $59k and some change. This was lower than the POC that my dealer sent me last month (by about $2.5k) I thought I'd check with the dealer and see if he could send me a new POC and if there was any news about ship/delivery.

So, imagine how shocked I was when he sent me the latest 'new' price - $63,975!! (mine doesnt have any of the rear dvd stuff or the tire upgrade)

Off I go to the jeep website to rebuild my Jeep so that I can send the dealer the number that I come up with.

As of today, Sept 19, the SRT model is no longer on the Jeep website to build your own. I have tried to stay positive about all the inconsistencies, waiting, and guessing games all summer, but am feeling really jerked around and wondering what the hell I am doing. Am on the fence now about taking delivery and am really sad to have come to that conclusion :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
I read this thread when it was posted and went onto the Jeep website and built my SRT8. Surprisingly, the price was $59k and some change. This was lower than the POC that my dealer sent me last month (by about $2.5k) I thought I'd check with the dealer and see if he could send me a new POC and if there was any news about ship/delivery.

So, imagine how shocked I was when he sent me the latest 'new' price - $63,975!! (mine doesnt have any of the rear dvd stuff or the tire upgrade)

Off I go to the jeep website to rebuild my Jeep so that I can send the dealer the number that I come up with.

As of today, Sept 19, the SRT model is no longer on the Jeep website to build your own. I have tried to stay positive about all the inconsistencies, waiting, and guessing games all summer, but am feeling really jerked around and wondering what the hell I am doing. Am on the fence now about taking delivery and am really sad to have come to that conclusion :(
I still see it up on their site, but it has the old pricing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's weird. If you click on the link in the first posting of this thread, the SRT8 option is there. If you go to Jeep.com (or back out of that linked page and go to Cherokee build your own) it will be gone. It's like the option is still 'online' but is no longer connected to the main 'build your own' link.

And, when I looked at the build your own last week, I had accessed it by going to Jeep.com (not by clicking the link in this thread) It WAS there. Now it's not. So, sumthin's up.........again

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just tried it going to Jeep.com and it works with the old pricing on options - Make sure you select 2012 Model year on the first screen of Build - Tell your dealer to do the same ! Understand your frustration as I have a Black on in D1 status ordered prior to increase

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Wasn't starting a new thread for this but I just got an email from Jeep with two bonus cash offers in them for a total of 1250 in incentives. Any of you prospective buyers check your email for them. 500 is good till 9/26 not much good there & the other 750 till the end of Oct. I think.

Jim

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wasn't starting a new thread for this but I just got an email from Jeep with two bonus cash offers in them for a total of 1250 in incentives. Any of you prospective buyers check your email for them. 500 is good till 9/26 not much good there & the other 750 till the end of Oct. I think.

Jim
Applies to 2011 model year vehicles...I got the same mailer and was interested till I read the fine print.

·
Registered
163 Posts
re

AGREED ! .....$45-50K is understandable...but $60K + tax , title , doc fees , ...then the interest...Your $70,000.00 for a Jeep THAT STILL NEEDS MODS !!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
My thoughts exactly mklaus/rynz. I bought my '08 back when gas was $5 (I have a civic as a daily driver so I didn't care about the bad mpg) so I got the truck for just over $40K. to spend an additional $20K for something that to begin with isn't as fast, maybe handles a bit better, but also something that I'm really not all that impressed with looks wise...

A ZO6 or even the new C63 coupe that Benz has coming out would be a better choice for me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
WTF, lol I just checked today and I didnt see that! I guess I missed where you click 2012! nice though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is good for production then. Oh and also when you go through the build and see whats included, you will notice the warranty:
Warranty
  • Basic - Miles:36,000
  • Basic - Months:36
  • Powertrain - Miles:100,000
  • Powertrain - Months:60
  • Rust-Through - Miles:100,000
  • Rust-Through - Months:60

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That ain't that bad, thought it would be more?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 21 Posts