Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many people get to experience this but I thought I'd share. Once my WK2 was broken in enough to start beating on it some I was at home which is 5500-6000' depending on which part of the city I was in. Now I'm below 1000' currently on some business travels and DAMN the WK2 is a monster right now. I'm positive the WK2 is launching harder than my WK1 at the moment. My best 0-60 on the EVIC is 4.9 at the moment here. Put I have a full tank of gas, spare tire plus more cargo in the nooks and crannies, and I'm not that light either (like 270lbs). Not the best 0-60, but the force I was throw back in the seat was crazy!

I was playing on some back roads putting it in Track mode with TC and ESC off and playing with some launches. Tried the left foot brake and right foot gas technique, just lift off and mash it as quick as you can. Tried holding the RPM at 1000 like SRT engineers said. Tried for fun holding at 2000-2500 rpm, not as fun. Engine bogs down then gets a jolt of power. When I did the launch from 1000 rpm the Jeep threw me back hard in the seat and felt like it spun all 4 from launch, something sure was spinning off the line. There defiantly is a technique to the paddle shifting to hit that sweet spot. When you hit it, the shift is almost instantaneously. If you miss it and over rev it has a delayed shift time. If you want too, the WK2 can burn some rubber easily. Seems easier than my WK1.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Some of the extra weight in mine. Just misc. supplies and parts. Detailing stuff, tie down straps, extra oil, my old fog light bulbs, and some other random stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Attachments

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome just backs up what I've knew all along WK2 is a monster.
I had a big ass grin on my face :D Plus with that bwoody making some noise it's starting to sound like a beast again. Just need the Borla S to make some more noise

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Do you think you shed some pounds with the bwoody CAI?
I doubt there is a weight difference, negligible IMO. Back home when I put it on I noticed a power difference for sure. Plus the sound it makes is amazing. the 6.4 really comes to life and growls.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
I had a big ass grin on my face :D Plus with that bwoody making some noise it's starting to sound like a beast again. Just need the Borla S to make some more noise
Yea got 1500 miles on mine now and exhaust has opened up and sop dyno feels stronger:armed:

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea got 1500 miles on mine now and exhaust has opened up and sop dyno feels stronger:armed:
Yeah, the exhaust makes more noise with time. I'm 4300 miles right now. It's only been like 6 weeks :cool:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I'm not sure how many people get to experience this but I thought I'd share. Once my WK2 was broken in enough to start beating on it some I was at home which is 5500-6000' depending on which part of the city I was in. Now I'm below 1000' currently on some business travels and DAMN the WK2 is a monster right now. I'm positive the WK2 is launching harder than my WK1 at the moment. My best 0-60 on the EVIC is 4.9 at the moment here. Put I have a full tank of gas, spare tire plus more cargo in the nooks and crannies, and I'm not that light either (like 270lbs). Not the best 0-60, but the force I was throw back in the seat was crazy!

Try it in TRACK Mode once. The shifts are lightning quick. I'm very impressed!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm impressed with the truck, and I can't wait for more mileage. I hit 4.7 back to back tonight and I'm at 530 miles. More break in and a few mods and this thing is gonna be wicked. Had about 3/8 tank of gas and it was 29 degrees out.

·
Registered
579 Posts

I was playing on some back roads putting it in Track mode with TC and ESC off and playing with some launches. Tried the left foot brake and right foot gas technique, just lift off and mash it as quick as you can. Tried holding the RPM at 1000 like SRT engineers said. Tried for fun holding at 2000-2500 rpm, not as fun. Engine bogs down then gets a jolt of power. When I did the launch from 1000 rpm the Jeep threw me back hard in the seat and felt like it spun all 4 from launch, something sure was spinning off the line. There defiantly is a technique to the paddle shifting to hit that sweet spot. When you hit it, the shift is almost instantaneously. If you miss it and over rev it has a delayed shift time. If you want too, the WK2 can burn some rubber easily. Seems easier than my WK1.
yes, them tires do spin, just ask the guy with the "510hp" supercharged range rover sport who wanted a go at me at the lights, all he heared were the tires spinning in his face and the sound of that 6.4l hemi screaming, he immedietly gave up in like 20 meters:D, hell i myself went holly sh!!!!t:eek:, that was when it woke up a bit and still has much less than 1000 miles on it. i felt that i could beat anything that night, i felt superior lol. i hit 4.9 that run in Track mode with TC and ESC off and wasnt shifting with paddles nor did i use the brake technique and my very first run was 5.8. so yes, it is promising.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.