Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking I may want to add something on the side of the jeep again. I did the SRT8 badges on my WK1 fenders. What do you guys think? I'm still debating. What badge would you choose of the 3?

SRT8
6.4L HEMI (Maybe just the 6.4L part)
392 HEMI

Anyone with pics of it already done?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I may be leaning towards the 6.4L I thought about swapping the rear SRT8 badge to the black one. Still not sure on that yet. Maybe once I black the tails out. The red for now goes with the red tails.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
467 Posts
Somewhere I saw a guy who added the SRT8 logo next to the Grand Cherokee on the side. I was thinking it would look awesome to remove the GC badge altogether and just put the SRT8 logo on the door.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went and ordered two of the 6.4L HEMI badges. I stopped by the dealer and looked at both the 6.4 and 392 badges in person installed on the charger and chally. I think the 6.4 suits the Jeep better. The 392 seems to sporty for the Jeep. The Chally, sports car gets the 392 and the charger, sedan gets the 6.4. That was my thinking.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
425 Posts
Here's mine:

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic. I'm still debating where to put mine. I just hold the iPhone up to the jeep with the picture of the badge to get an idea of how I like it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
need one that says "Stock, for a long time"

Front ends do look sick though, as does the interior.
Haha, yeah. I've had that thought as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Just 6.4L would be perfect
I agree 100%.

Kinda hard (especially for the ole-timers like me) to get hot'n bothered over 392 cu. inches when we were uised to running 427/454 big blocks back in the day. But for some reason, seeing a 6.4 Litre badge would definitely get oooo's and ahhhh's from me. I know that if I do the conversion, still comes out to a paltry 392, but for some reason....:confused:

Somewhere I saw a guy who added the SRT8 logo next to the Grand Cherokee on the side. I was thinking it would look awesome to remove the GC badge altogether and just put the SRT8 logo on the door.
Again, exactly. I'm not usually a fan of debadging, but will definitely be removing the GC on the sides and replacing them with the 6.4L stickers.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
well this is what I ended up going with.

Test fitting locations, I liked on the fender best. I think it looks more "stock" since the other cars get the badge on the front fender.

I located the bottom of the badge 3/4" up from the crease in the fender and 3/4" over from the opening between the fender and door.

Reactions: almaemi

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good Zac, will be easy to spot when a lowered car pulls up next to you & thinks he wants some.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Yeah, I figured it was more visible up there too. I guess the iPhone didn't snap the best pictures this time around. I'll have to get the SLR out soon and re snap some pics. Maybe once the bwoody intake gets here :D

· Registered
419 Posts
well this is what I ended up going with.

Test fitting locations, I liked on the fender best. I think it looks more "stock" since the other cars get the badge on the front fender.

I located the bottom of the badge 3/4" up from the crease in the fender and 3/4" over from the opening between the fender and door.

Pic 1 but just with the red 6.4L would look perfect. IMO Hemi is overkill and the red ties right in to the calipers.

Oh and do I love that MG. Reminds me of my Platinum 5.9 Limited which was the beast back in the day.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. The HEMI can always come off later if I don't like it. For now it's staying. Easier than trying to add it later.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
some better pics, I got the good camera out this time.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
I am definitely digging the placement of that badge Mongoose, looks perfect there.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.