Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was detailing the Jeep yesterday I noticed on the rear doors/panel/skirts there is a clear bra installed there. In front of the rear wheels on the lower area. It's on both sides. Wondered if anyone noticed that? I would have never know if I wasn't down there detailing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Yes I was very glad to see this on there. I noticed on first wash looks like that area will take a beating from road debris. Kudos to Jeep

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was very glad to see this on there. I noticed on first wash looks like that area will take a beating from road debris. Kudos to Jeep
Cool! Yeah, I thought the same thing when I noticed it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
223 Posts
Foreign cars have been doing that for years. My last jeep took a beating in that area. Glad they did that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Compared to the aftermarket clear bra that I have installed on my hood, fenders, etc., it seems the factory installed ones on the door panels are much thicker....able to take more punishment.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I saw that when I looked at the one the dealer had. My Caddy also has it, but it didn't provide enough coverage as farther up the fender it took a beating.

That's actually the worst area on any car to take a beating. The front tires kick up the stones and they bounce right into that flared fender. Time will tell if the bra they put on holds up and is enough coverage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.