·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Good friends at hennessy dynoed the stock WK2 at 385.6HP

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
17.95% drivetrain power loss then. Assuming 470Hp in ideal conditions. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
19.08% drivetrain power loss then. Assuming 470Hp in ideal conditions. Interesting.
Please explain and please excuse my ignorance on the subject...

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I corrected the number. I didn't add the tenths first time around. Basically the 6.4 is supposed to make 470Hp Chrysler tells us. So [1- (385.6/470)] * 100 yields how much power was lost from the crank to the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: CLStech

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Stock Dyno low , once Hennescrued TT Kit is on HP to the roof , I'd say a WK2 can put down I little more then that no ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock Dyno low , once Hennescrued TT Kit is on HP to the roof , I'd say a WK2 can put down I little more then that no ?
Possibly trying to low ball it to make his end result seem greater??

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah seems pretty low to me :confused:

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Wouldn't it be helpful to know the Dyno and weather conditions (DA) when dynoed? Does that make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I think its decent numbers. What were the bone stock wk1 numbers on a awd dyno?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Why would you guys say it looks low ? That's dead on to what Chrysler says it should be and the performance numbers so far dont back up any sort of under-rating.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
got a little squirrely on the dyno :eek:

I dont think a vid of that thing walking off the dyno would make it online
That's nothing. You should have been at the AWD dyno when we did mine the first time on 8psi. Dwight had to do a little driving on the dyno to keep it straight.:eek:

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
There's more driveline loss if the engine has to spin the front half, AND, the back half. You will always read higher numbers on a RWD dyno.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.