Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Diablo Sport Catch Can Installed today. Fairly simple, just like the WK1. I used the kit I ordered for my WK1 and it works out great.

Tools needed:
3/8 Ratchet
13mm socket
Something to cut hose with

Parts:
M8-1.25 x 25 mm hex head bolt
About 2' of 1/2" inside diameter hose
1/2"-1/2" barb connector (found at Lowes in plumbing aisle)

Steps:
Make it look like this

UPDATE: Using the 1/2"-1/2" barb connector splice the short piece of hose into the factory 90 elbow

Reactions: jkalbin

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you need these on the 6.4L ? the intake looks much different
I'll let you know in a few hundred miles when I open the can up and see what it caught :)

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it was f ing cold out.

This morning was worse getting the tail light harness out and a couple other things.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you at least hit up that car wash to try & block some wind? I would have.

Jim
naw, did it in the parking lot real quick. got some dirty towels for house keeping now lol.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be opening the catch can soon to take a peak inside. Got about 1800 miles on it since I installed the catch can around 50 miles. I'll get pics and post later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
I'm thinking BT should send you some free braided hoses to match the others for test fitting & getting their CC to work on the WK2.

Jim

I bet BT had that figured out a few months ago..:p

If you add a 1/2-1/2 connector to the factory 90* rubber peice on the front part of the motor
it makes it a little cleaner set up..

That how we have it set up..

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet BT had that figured out a few months ago..:p

If you add a 1/2-1/2 connector to the factory 90* rubber peice on the front part of the motor
it makes it a little cleaner set up..

That how we have it set up..
I was running around town looking for a 1/2"-1/2" splice connector, I couldn't find a straight one. Just 90 elbows. So I did the tube for now. I wanted the catch can on sooner than later :) that's a easy fix down the road.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Administrator
6,373 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are the results. Catch can installed around 50 miles on the odometer, got 18xx as of now when I opened it up. I changed the oil at 300 miles to get the break in oil out and added new (running Mobil 1 0W-40). After that I took at 1450 miles trip. Here is what I have.

Dumped into a bottle to see amount easier.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not a whole bunch but still enough to have the need for one. Wonder if city driving would produce a larger amount.

Jim
Exactly, it shows that it is needed! So this is indeed a good mod for the 6.4

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.