Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured by now there would've been some footage of a stock WK1 VS stock WK2 in the 1/4 mile. I know there were some WK2 guys getting high 12s out of their rigs which technically makes them faster, but I would still love to see the versus footage. There was a vid not too long ago showing a WK1 VS WK2 in the 1/8 mile and the WK1 had a good car length on the WK2. I believe the WK1 had a CAI, so it wasn't exactly bone stock vs bone stock. With all the speculation and d1ck measuring I can't believe there hasn't been a video. Unless it's out there and I'm just crawling out of a rock...

For the record: Not trying to beat a dead horse or rehash the negativity of the past.

· Registered
125 Posts
That picture is amazing I agree. Am I crazy cause it sure looks like in that video the wk2 is getting its a$$ whipped!!! Just based off of what I have read I just dont think that even in 40 degree weather that truck will ever see 12 anything. Now let me also be clear, I would love that to be true as it should be faster but not one of the mags have ever quoted one in the 12's. Also not saying that when my 2009 starts to fail ( which I hope is not for years to come) I will not purchase a wk2, so please dont think I am bashing it, just not going to drink to kool-aid till I get my mits on one!

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Yeh in the vids above he had just gotten it, I think its starting to get broken in & he learned how to launch it. Its starting to look like the mags were off & the WK2 is going to be as fast & probably just a hair faster than the WK1.

Jim

· Registered
125 Posts
well 12.7 would be a ton faster than the wk1 which was rated at 13.2. Also you are telling me that we need to learn how to lauch an awd automatic from a dig and if we do this correct we can go from a 13.3 to a 12.7. I think we are all to smart for that.

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
well 12.7 would be a ton faster than the wk1 which was rated at 13.2. Also you are telling me that we need to learn how to lauch an awd automatic from a dig and if we do this correct we can go from a 13.3 to a 12.7. I think we are all to smart for that.

Magazine numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.... When Pickuptrucks.com tested the new Ecoboost F150, their FX2 2wd extended cab ran 14.9. My 4wd FX4 Super Crew Ecoboost went 14.6 with only 1700 miles on it.
The point is, you have no idea where the test is taking place and what the elevation or DA is.

My WK1 went 12.9 bone stock.... and yes, there is a technique to getting these to launch well.

· Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Yeh in the vids above he had just gotten it, I think its starting to get broken in & he learned how to launch it. Its starting to look like the mags were off & the WK2 is going to be as fast & probably just a hair faster than the WK1.

Jim
Just remember, when the magazines tested the WK2 and we started to see numbers it was still summer. Now with cooler weather I was sure we were starting to see better times out of the WK2. I always said it... it will be way too close between the two. And the guys out taking them to the track are still testing which way is the best way to launch it. There's a lot more ways you can launch the WK2 than the WK1 do to their new settings, sport, track, etc...

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Just remember, when the magazines tested the WK2 and we started to see numbers it was still summer. Now with cooler weather I was sure we were starting to see better times out of the WK2. I always said it... it will be way too close between the two. And the guys out taking them to the track are still testing which way is the best way to launch it. There's a lot more ways you can launch the WK2 than the WK1 do to their new settings, sport, track, etc...
True those times from the mags were in the summer. I bet when all is said & done they will be just like the WK1, with some faster than others & most likely very equal. In the end I think it will come down to a drivers race, which I'm betting you would be pretty good at Mario. :D

Jim

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since there isn't an a video out there. I am going to say that the WK1 launches harder and faster and the WK2 will start to walk the WK1 buy the time they're at the 100 MPH range. More HP and better aerodynamics will probably give the WK2 the edge in the 1/4. JMHO - since there isn't a video out there yet. Just going by WK2 owner feedback, and limited video footage.

· Premium Member
3,365 Posts
^
And they can fully disengage the Traction Control.
True!

True those times from the mags were in the summer. I bet when all is said & done they will be just like the WK1, with some faster than others & most likely very equal. In the end I think it will come down to a drivers race, which I'm betting you would be pretty good at Mario. :D

Jim
Yeah I think I said that once in an older thread that the ETs were going to be very similar and to win the race it might come down to the driver. Cut a good light at the tree and you got the win. Yeah, I think I can hold my own at the tree, and in bracket racing still learning but I can do pretty well on that too. ;)

Since there isn't an a video out there. I am going to say that the WK1 launches harder and faster and the WK2 will start to walk the WK1 buy the time they're at the 100 MPH range. More HP and better aerodynamics will probably give the WK2 the edge in the 1/4. JMHO - since there isn't a video out there yet. Just going by WK2 owner feedback, and limited video footage.
I've been thinking a lot about that myself as the WK2 might look or be more aerodynamic still weights ~400Lbs more and is taller. Even thou it has ~50hp more don't know how all that would play into the equation.

BTW, this Sunday at Etown hopefully we can get WK2 vs WK1 video.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.