Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently got an Autometer afr gauge and order a dual pod pillar and have a trinity tuner but need a quick how to of wiring it up and what not to do the kit came with the bung to weld on but don't know exactly how to make it right.

·
Contributing Member
4,562 Posts
If you google it a write up should come up. I just looked it up because I will be doing the same thing soon. Pretty straight forward.

Getting the pillar off is the easiest part. Red and Black wiring into the cigarette lighter closest to driver. Welded bung pre cat. Run wire thru firewall. It's not hard bro.

There are a few write ups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Where did you order the dual gauge pod?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ADMOTORSPORTZ.com

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PITTZ could you send me or post the link to the write up apparently I'm an idiot or just cant find it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wired my gauges with an add-a-circuit into an empty switched slot in my fuse box under the dash. It works nicely and is clean with no splicing. The bung wire goes out of the firewall near the gas pedal. Pretty easy once you find everything and visualize it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you use an add a fuse kit? And that sounds like a good idea I may end up doing that as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep, that's exactly what I used. Cheap and easy and took no time at all. Mine is a 2007 and there is actually an empty fuse slot in the box under the dash that isn't used. Splicing into the cigarette lighter is equally as good but not as easy. Either way you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What size add a fuse kit did you use for it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a question for you fellas that run AFR gauges when you welded the bung in for the sensor did you all remove the pipes from the rig or did you do it on the vehicle installing mine and trying to decide which would be best way to go.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks JFra for the input

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry, I missed this... It was small, I believe 10a.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wired my gauges with an add-a-circuit into an empty switched slot in my fuse box under the dash. It works nicely and is clean with no splicing. The bung wire goes out of the firewall near the gas pedal. Pretty easy once you find everything and visualize it.
Did add both gauges on one circuit? If so, what was the amperage and which location under the dash did you use?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts