Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2007 model and needed to replace the starter as the solenoid gave out. Once the starter was out of the vehicle - I looked up and saw a lone small
wire(s) in a heat protected loom running from the back area of the cylinder head / firewall ( not connected to) and running to the front area near the motor mount. At that point wire / loom goes into a small round white plastic cylinder that is open at the end, I think it holds / protects a connector inside.

Sorry I did not get a picture.

Problem is sometime during our ownership that wire / loom had shifted closer to the exhaust manifold and has burnt through the protective loom in a 6" area
and partially burned the wiring insulation as well.

I want to know what circuit is it? I needed to get the vehicle going last night - but want to address that when I have more time. Does anyone here know ?

BTW - I'm a Master tech with 4 decades of experience, this is my wife's ride.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump - can't find any info. Anyone removed the starter and looked above it? I would like to address the burnt portion

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No - the wire or wire pair are relatively small gauge like 14 or so. The split plastic covering is shiny on outside. I don't know if that circuit is power feed, ground or CAN.

I would really like to know to repair...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts