Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. So I have an extra set of stock wheels that I want to put winter tires on. Ideally, I'd like to keep the same dimensions all they way around. I'm open to suggestions, but was looking for input into size and Tire choices

Option 1
Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow 265/45/20

Option 2
Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow 275/40/20

Option 3
Michelin Latitude Alpin 275/40/20

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Why do you want to keep the same sizes all around, you can't rotate fr to rr with different width wheels eh.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried selling them on here (Wheels and Tires) but no interest so I guess I'll keep them. Can't rotate the wheels, but could rotate the tires if need be. I'm open to other options for tire sizes for Winter. Any suggestions? I know I could get an 18" package from tirerack or get to 9" wheels for the rear, but assuming I use stock wheels, what would work best

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I've ran 275/45-20's all around, I've seen 275/40's, they do work fine, if not directional you can still at least rotate side to side, that does help with scalloping of the tread blocks. I'm running 245/45 pirelli ice/snows on the front and 275/40 on the rear, a descent compromise between winter traction and retained handling when the roads are dry and clear. Another option you can do, look at the cost of 20x9 replicas all around, and a descent 245/45, 255/45, or 275/40 to run on all corners, I can't see why someone wouldn't pay an equivalent value for oem wheels to cover your total cost.....

If I was doing this again, I'd pick 20x9 wheels all around and, for a performance winter or mild conditions, 245/45 bridgestone LM-60's, speed rate
d so they'd still handle the dry road good, and one of the newest designs on the market for performance winter traction so I don't think any others on that category would work as well. All out winter traction, I'd be in the 275/40 Nokian Hak 7 or 5's for studded traction, or Hak R's for studless. Directional but you can still rotate fr to rr.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I ran 275/40/20 Pirelli ice and snows and they were fine!

That was on my RWD Charger

I just picked up 4 more 275/40/20 Pirelli ice and snows and 4 20x9 reps........will let you know after the first snow fall!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Vreds dont offer their winter tire in a 20" though.........not that I have seen at least

·
Registered
899 Posts
I stand corrected......vreds do offer winter 20s......hmmmmmmmmm

Id say if you can get your hands on those, do it!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
If they're readily available in your area, nothing wrong with those at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.