Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Just read the article in the Mag. I'm still happy to own the SRT.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Reactions: heywire

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
i'll gladly give up 6 secs around vir for the $35k less in price.
Hell yeah, then $35k in mods later... Nothing would stand a chance ?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
3,304 Posts
um yeah the x5m barely beating the WK2 is very old news, some tests were done long ago, you get what you pay for.... if your willing to spend that much more money for barely much more performance then i really have no words.... if your going to complain about .06 seconds and call that getting cleaned then I'm glad you won't be owning a jeep....

you know what they say about BMW owners, the pricks are on the inside

· Registered
3,353 Posts

· Registered
800 Posts
We are not talking .06 of a second... but a full 6 seconds. Based on those tests, I'd be willing to fork out more for the BMW. I'm not sold on either looks wise but 3.11 versus 3.17 on the track is the difference between a sh** eating grin or just a smile in my book.

· Registered
477 Posts
3.11 vs 3.17 is a "full 6 seconds"? Really? I'm glad your not doing my taxes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

· Registered
921 Posts
3.11 vs 3.17 is a "full 6 seconds"? Really? I'm glad your not doing my taxes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Uh.. that's 3 minutes 11 seconds vs 3 minutes 17 seconds.. my math makes that 6 seconds....

Hope you're not doing your own taxes :rolleyes:

Reactions: jay2g1

· Registered
283 Posts
The X5M is a sweet vehicle. But, when we looked at them both, my wife liked the interior/exterior on the Jeep much better. And, 35K is a lot of mod money. In a year or two when all the new stuff for the new GCs come out, for half that 35K you will have a vehicle that would smoke the X5M. I am actually pretty surprised that the jeep is only 6 seconds slower. I would be disappointed if I was an X5M owner. Give the new jeep a toona tune when they become available and it may be really sad.

Hell, if being faster than the X5M is the most important thing, buy a used 06-10 and go see those bad ass turbo people (stage 6?). You would still come out with a boat load of change in your pocket compared to a new X5M.

· Registered
673 Posts
Uh.. that's 3 minutes 11 seconds vs 3 minutes 17 seconds.. my math makes that 6 seconds....

Hope you're not doing your own taxes :rolleyes:
Hahahahaha! Lmfao!

And to the OP....I've had the mag article for weeks, the fact it just went live on a website goes to show you that maybe they still give a $hit about people that actually still pay for this material.

· Registered
477 Posts
I guess I should read before I speak or chime in and get a lesson on minutes vs seconds. My bad.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
769 Posts
what in the world is the OP getting so uptight about. Guaranty you put him or his dad on the track and they aren't going to touch 3.17 anyway. So what if the x5m is 6 seconds faster? So what if the jeep had been? Does it make your johnson bigger because the one is faster than the other? It's a magazine article for goodness sakes. Buy the vehicle that best suits you (though I'll tell you, he seems suited for the BMW based on their rep). Doh...

· Registered
3,651 Posts
Mango...you couldn't tell the difference between the two if you weren't told otherwise by Car and Driver. Like MJC said, I have had that magazine article now for about a month sitting on my coffee table! 6 seconds around a 4.17 mile course really isn't that much. I have been around VIR before and if you could get under 4 min. in the BMW I would be very surprised! Please go out and buy the BMW, join their forum, thump your chest and look down on the Jeep people when you drive around in your Bimmer....just make sure you don't pull up next to Keoni, Sbardy or any other WK1 that will mop your overpriced Euro wagon at any light.
The BMW would suit you better since I noticed that you are from Jersey. Jeep's aren't cool enough for the Jersey crowd...BMW is where its at! I think Snooki just bought one...better hurry!

· Registered
334 Posts
hahah, I've never looked at a magazine article to help make a decision of purchasing a car. Chances are you will never be taking your jeep around a track like they test in magazines.

Like mustbf8 said, go join the bmw forum and be a bmw nutswinger over there. Coming from a guy who owns a bmw.

I don't even want to start explaining why I would choose a srt8 jeep over a x5m right now...

1 - 20 of 220 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.