Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the SRT running gear into a Jeep Cherokee.

Up to 400 Kg lighter,smaller frontal area, more streamlined and because of the lower mass, better handling.

Even a stocker would annihilate a S/C GC SRT :crying:.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Put the SRT running gear into a Jeep Cherokee.

Up to 400 Kg lighter,smaller frontal area, more streamlined and because of the lower mass, better handling.

Even a stocker would annihilate a S/C GC SRT :crying:.
It would be nice to have the srt8 stuff in a cherokee as our 2015 test jeep cherokee v6 street wt b4 driver is 3731 lbs and with driver race wt is 3910 lbs with a few things removed like spare tire,jack,rear cargo tarp and all floor matts with 1/4 tank gas. My 2012 race wt was 5492 lbs with driver and same stuff removed as the cherokee.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be nice to have the srt8 stuff in a cherokee as our 2015 test jeep cherokee v6 street wt b4 driver is 3731 lbs and with driver race wt is 3910 lbs with a few things removed like spare tire,jack,rear cargo tarp and all floor matts with 1/4 tank gas. My 2012 race wt was 5492 lbs with driver and same stuff removed as the cherokee.
Hi Jim,

With the USA being the parents of the almighty Custom's and Hot Rod's, well as far as I know, it would be good to setup a consortium, and get a place like West Coast Customs to do the build, if it is at all possible. Surely they could put together a TV Series and make money out of this project.

Don't want to start a war about the merits of this company, just going from what I see on TV and the mind blowing quality of their work and initiatives that they show.

The next step would to be to get some good quality drivers and compete on Drag Strips and Race Circuits, gradually altering the tune of the car. You probably have drivers for the Strip but I am sure nobody would want to be responsible for destroying the car at a Race Circuit.

If I was in the US I would definitely join the consortium.

Maybe the car could become a prize at the end of all the fun.

Yes I know, Pie in the Sky stuff:|.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The dealer I bought my SRT from had done several Wranglers with 6.1's. And there was a vid on YouTube a few years ago with a Wrangler with a Viper engine, and some power adder. But the speeds either would likely hit would probably be sphincter puckering.

wink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts