Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the fact that the headrests pop out so that your head is supported. Hate the fact and don't understand why they don't lock. Seems like I am always pushing them in and not even realizing it. Why even offer this feature in a fast car if they do not stay in place? Or is just me?
Guess I will try and find something to wedge in there to stop them from moving.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
They stay pretty well put. They may not lock because of the active head restraint. In a crash the whole headrest moves forward.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
467 Posts
I noticed this too. You pull it out and then one day get in and it's back in it's original position? Headreast ghosts perhaps?

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's anti whiplash. If your head struck it and it didn't move you'd have a higher chance for neck/head injuries or whiplash. When you strike you head against it and it moves back, it increases the time taken for deceleration thus imparting much less force onto your skull and brain and neck.

Stop pushing against it with your head if it bothers you :p

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's anti whiplash. If your head struck it and it didn't move you'd have a higher chance for neck/head injuries or whiplash. When you strike you head against it and it moves back, it increases the time taken for deceleration thus imparting much less force onto your skull and brain and neck.
Can't be the reason. The top part doesn't move, just the bottom portion can be pulled forward to cradle your neck. If you don't have the bottom pulled out then where is the anti-whiplash protection?

Bottom line is if you are in an accident. with how little resistance that bottom pulls out it's not helping stop anything, so that can't be why it doesn't lock.

I just think it's an engineering oversight. Nothing more.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I'll add mine stay put while driving unless I push it back with my head on purpose. I found that mine reset when in getting in the Jeep. As I'm getting into my seating position my shoulders hit it and pushes it back. I can feel it and notice it when I do it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.