Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Who to contact to clean engine bay

9K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  D VADER 
#1 ·
I looked through some post but really couldnt find a direct way to clean or have clean your engine bay/motor. Now I just had a new 426 stroker installed so I want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

From the dealer tearing down my stock motor when it blew to the transport of my jeep to HHP and them installing new motor, things afe really dirty. Now I only had 20g miles on it for an 08.

Are their places you can take it to to have it cleaned where they know what their doing and won't get wager in places or dry rot hoses or even worse pickle the Metel?

Car washes offer engine cleaning but can you trust them? Do you look for detail shops?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I want to start and clean her up and dress her up.

Than you as always,

Len

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I have been cleaning my engine bay now for 70K miles with no issues as well as a lot of other members. I use a product called Black Magic 2 in 1 Engine Cleaner. You can use it on a warm(not hot) engine. Beats needing it cold like other products. I spray the whole bay with a full can. Then wait 15 mins..... then hose it off with a hard stream on certain areas, then a gentle shower on other more sensitive areas. It's hard to screw something up man. Don't be scurred. I wipe it down with a few MF towels to dry it, then hit it up with Armour All Natural Finish or reg. Armour All. It takes me about 45-50 mins. from start to finish.

Just dont' sit there and nail the PCM and fuse boxes for minutes with full force water and you'll be fine.;) Engine bay's are designed to get wet. That's what happens when you drive it in the rain.:D Just about everything nowadays is o-ringed or has a gasket. There's even a ribber gasket in the fuse boxes. Water can come down from the top all it wants. It won't get in there. Good luck and it'll look like this when done!

Reactions: af_maineiac
#4 ·
Thank you both!!
Damm those are some candy pictures. You don't want to see what mine looks like right now. I will go and get those products and do it myself. I will take before and after shots to show lol for shizt n giggles.

Thank you again I appreciate it!!

#5 ·
and then i jizzed my pants.........

#6 ·
You need to exercise control!

Bernie

#10 ·
I've sprayed mine out a couple times at the car wash, no worries. I just make sure the engine isn't too hot before spraying and don't go crazy on the electronics. I like this stuff at auto zone, I think it's cd2 engine detailer. gives a great shine to the plastic. It's meant for all under hood cleaning it says. I clean my engine bay about once a week. Mostly just touch ups. Regular cleaning keeps it looking great!

#12 ·
i keep hearing about this adams polishes and stuff,, gotta try it...maybe it will help get rid of the jeep emblem shadow ...as far as the engine bay, i am not sure what the dealer used, but its almost as if they clear coated it lol...since i've had it, i had to do nothing but take a micro fiber dust cloth, and the thing still shines. I wanna know what they used

#13 ·
#14 ·
does the in and out spray work on the tailgate step pad? mine is just about fading gray, the black magic only works for like 2 days then goes from black to faded again because the amount of rain we've been having since august

#16 ·
Use either the VRT or the spray for the rear step and I garantee it'll look brand new, make that better than new. Adams is very well known in Corvette circles.

Bernie

#15 ·
Keeping an engine bay clean is no problemo to do yourself. I clean mine about every 3 weeks. What i like to use is apc dilluted for all unpainted parts to clean. But if you have a lot of painted parts or dont like to use megs apc, gold class soap is just fine. Just get a nice brush to scrub the manifold (if unpainted) and get a mitt to get around the rest of the bay.

After rinsing I like to use chemical guys bare bones for a shine. Its not greasy and also its not overly shiny. Nice finish to it.

Hope that helps.

#17 ·
Rambit can you buy Adams in n out in auto stores, or is it an online order? I looked for it at a few spots yesterday but couldn't find it.
I had to use gunk shine and their degreaser nomad spray. They both worked but I would love to try the Adams.

#18 ·
I think they have suppliers all over the country. I found a Canadian one I use so I don't have to pay the duty like I used to do.

This page should help you find a dealer in your area - http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-dealer_search.aspx.

Bernie

#20 ·
Do any of you use a degreaser? Dawn detergent in a spray bottle mixed with water works for me. Keep in mind Dawn is a powerful detergent and removes all waxes and polishes.:eek:

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.