Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, here is the deal that many have been asking about!
I need atleast 4 people to get this deal moving for MWP/FRI ported intakes at $575 plus shipping. That is $75 off retail.
Now if I can get 8 more then we will go to $525 plus shipping. $125 off retail..and this after you spent all your time in line for some Black Friday deals at the stores.

The following is what you get with the ported intake:
Full radius the TB opening so the air has a smooth transition.
Gasket match the inlet into the head and blend it back into the runner.
Polish the imperfections out of the runners.
Smooth the fuel bosses.

Options can be added to your ported intake:
Port inlet throat to 90mm $300
Polish exterior smooth $525
Coat internal slick, exterior and underside thermal layer $500
(coating can be applied to OEM exterior surface but will not be smooth. Finished product will have wrinkled finish)

$750 Core charges will apply and are fully refundable upon receipt and inspection of your existing manifold. You may ship your own manifold for porting if you wish to avoid core charges. Standard turn around time is 2-3 weeks due to increased shop load during Holiday Season.

Email or PM if you have any questions.
[email protected]

Chris
ModernWarfarePerformance.

List starts here:
1. Chad

·
Registered
810 Posts
Chris,

Any benefit here if you don't have heads or larger throttle body? I still have a stock block running a nitrous kit, but a Fri'd cam is on the christmas list....

Not interested in changing the heads.....

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris,

Any benefit here if you don't have heads or larger throttle body? I still have a stock block running a nitrous kit, but a Fri'd cam is on the christmas list....

Not interested in changing the heads.....
Plenty of benefit with the addition of the ported intake manifold. By porting the manifold you will improve air velocity and reduce pressure loss for air coming into the motor. There are many MWP/FRI customers out there running very low 12 second times with a cam and ported intake manifold. Some also have added long tube headers and some are still on the OEM 6.1 manifolds.
IMO, the larger TB is a good addition when your going up to a stroker motor or forced induction. If a customer is going to add a larger TB it would be a waste to NOT port the throat of the intake manifold to match, otherwise you are creating a big pressure drop with the sudden open area going into the intake.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Chris is that an additional 300.00 to open up the ported intake to a 90mm?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Im considering this...If the Jeep goes in storage this week I may ship you the stock manny...

I'll be in touch...and update when sure.
Sounds good, let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris is that an additional 300.00 to open up the ported intake to a 90mm?
Yes that is additional for porting the throat to 90mm.

Reactions: Knuckles

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Whats the price if we want our manifold powder coated?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Im 50/50. Its either this or LTs... im gona have to wait to see how much my christmas bonus is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.