Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who live in sunshine states are excluded from this thread...lol
of course you can but you'll get points deducted for living in paradise.
I want to hear how fast, what mods and how many miles you've put on your
low 12 or faster jeep in year round seasonal weather. For example, is there
someone who drives their jeep year round through winter and runs consistant
11's with over 5K miles and counting, and hasn't had major issues?

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
I ran 11.15 with my 440 jeep before I rolled it on December 1st 2010. I ought it new on Sept 28 2007
And it had over 100k on the odometer. I drove at least 50 miles per day and more on the weekends!!'

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I ran 11.15 with my 440 jeep before I rolled it on December 1st 2010. I ought it new on Sept 28 2007
And it had over 100k on the odometer. I drove at least 50 miles per day and more on the weekends!!'
You driving around with no seats and 15" DRs on the rears :D

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
91,810'ish on mine. Drive it 7 days a week.:D Drove it up to MIR and ran a [email protected]. Ran [email protected] almost a year ago. My Jeep has seen snow too...... just a little bit though.;) No major issues really. Did replace the tranny but that was just a matter of time. Been turbo'd for over 10K miles now. Gonna push the shit out of it this weekend too!!:rocker:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I'm not sure how fast mine is gonna be... im hoping for 9's... either way its gonna be my dd...

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's whats so cool about these rigs, impressive and kudo's to you
fast freaks.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
91,810'ish on mine. Drive it 7 days a week.:D Drove it up to MIR and ran a [email protected]. Ran [email protected] almost a year ago. My Jeep has seen snow too...... just a little bit though.;) No major issues really. Did replace the tranny but that was just a matter of time. Been turbo'd for over 10K miles now. Gonna push the shit out of it this weekend too!!:rocker:
Damn that's a shat load of miles already on that Turbo setup HB! Nice!

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Damn that's a shat load of miles already on that Turbo setup HB! Nice!
Tell me about it man. It's starting to show it's age. My kids have dinged the passenger side all to hell from my wife car door.:mad: I've got scratches on it..... she's looking rough man.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Tell me about it man. It's starting to show it's age. My kids have dinged the passenger side all to hell from my wife car door.:mad: I've got scratches on it..... she's looking rough man.
Oh I see..... Yeah its hard to keep our rigs new forever man eventually they will all show their age....

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
You just need to buy a new one HB ;-)

J
I'm sure I'll buy a new DD next year and just convert my Jeep into something nasty when I go 88mm. Gut the whole thing and keep it for racing.... who knows. I'm sure the wind will blow though and change my mind.:lol:

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I'm sure I'll buy a new DD next year and just convert my Jeep into something nasty when I go 88mm. Gut the whole thing and keep it for racing.... who knows. I'm sure the wind will blow though and change my mind.:lol:
Make sure you buy a daily driver that you won't mod....My wrangler was my DD...now it's a rock crawler, hahahahah

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Also......In a couple years I am going to buy a stock 1993 LX Mustang and make it the NASTIEST N/A Monster ever.....Not built for drag racing but just for cruising.

Would Stage6 take on that challenge?

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Also......In a couple years I am going to buy a stock 1993 LX Mustang and make it the NASTIEST N/A Monster ever.....Not built for drag racing but just for cruising.

Hell yeah, Dwight works on an LX with a 98mm turbo.

·
Registered
741 Posts

My dad built one of those. Put a huge bored/stroked Ford powerplant in there. We cut off the bellhousing with a cutting wheel/sawzall and mounted an adapter bellhousing onto a built powerglide to make it bolt up to the Ford. That was a MEAN fox. The LX's are where it's at.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts