Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Looking at a project...

But I don't have an SRT8 yet (WK1) and I need some measurments off one.

If anyone wants to zip me the distances listed, sure would be happy!

Sitting at ride height with wheels straight ahead and stock tire sizes:

Outside edge of the tire to outside edge of the tire, both across the front and across the rear (width)

Inside edge of the tire to the opposite side inside edge, width inside both front and rear.

Just need to know where the tires sit so that I can measure up my project... to see if my idea will fit.

Also, if someone wants to do the same with the 315/275 tire sizes.

Post here so the info can be used if someone else is dreaming/planning a project.

Thanks folks.:D

mikey

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Building a trailer ? .. cause im lost haha

I can measure up my 275/315 as soon as I'm back in town tomorrow. but im going to assume someone may eat me to it by then.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Rear
75-1/2"
51"

Front
73"
53"

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Oh yeah, stock good years

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was someone selling a Jeep SRT8 that was nothing more than a rolling chassis. There was a you-tube vid of it. Sounds like just what you need.
Might be.... even considering just waiting for a deal.... was an 06 SRT8 in Van for 20 grand.

By the time I buy parts of an SRT8 to do this, I'd be ahead buying a complete runner I think??

Need to do some additional figuring...

Need to rework the Dart rear quarters about 3" wider on each side to fit the width of the SRT8 rear...

Then front glass fenders would need reworking as well...

Going to the wreckers tomorrow to see if I can grab some measurments off a Grand chassis...

Initial thought is use the floorpan off the SRT, and the Dart body... need to do more figuring though...

Looked at stretching a Viper chassis 20.8" about 15 years ago, turns out a 70 Charger body would have fit the Viper stretched...

Anyway, this idea (SRT8 + Dart) may be doable.... will know more in a day or 2?

mikey

·
Registered
806 Posts
There was someone selling a Jeep SRT8 that was nothing more than a rolling chassis. There was a you-tube vid of it. Sounds like just what you need.
''

was gonna say the same thing they wanted 8 grand belive it had the entire interior as well think it only had like 25k miles on it too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.