Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm Vlad and I'm trying to Whipple up a 2014 SRT in Eastern Europe (Romania).

Modifications installed
  • Add the HEMI MDS Delete Kit with a Full Set of Lifters and plugs
  • VVT Cam Bolt (New OEM)
  • VVT Timing set (Partial)
  • Trend .080 Wall Premium Pushrods
- 6.4 Camshaft Swap Gasket Kit
Fuel pressure Gauge
Dual Lambda AFR clock

For the tune I contacted Diablotoona. Unfortunately after 16 tune versions the car is still not drivable, jerking violently back to front when full throttle and the AFR is going all over the place. He said the long term fuel trims are removing fuel while the short term fuel trims are dumping fuel which does not make sense.

This is where we got blocked. My mechanic says it is from the tune, but I have my doubts since Diablotoona seems well regarded on forums and he probably tuned more hemis than there are in my country.
So my questions would be, 1. what should I check? and
2. If there is someone that could log in remote in my laptop (through teamviewer or an app of sorts) to do a live remote diagnostic and point us in the right direction (be it a tune problem or something else). Ofc such work would not be for free.

·
LAUNCH
1,103 Posts
I think you might have better luck trying the "Whipple Superchargers Hemi Owners" group on facebook for this question. There are a couple guys on there that might be able to assist you with that. I know you're not going to want to hear this, but you might need a new tuner.

What have you done for the fuel system?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you might have better luck trying the "Whipple Superchargers Hemi Owners" group on facebook for this question. There are a couple guys on there that might be able to assist you with that. I know you're not going to want to hear this, but you might need a new tuner.

What have you done for the fuel system?
Alright, thanks, I have some few ideas atm but as soon as I get stuck again I'll check the group.

For the fuel system I used the MSD fuel pump booster and siemens 63 lb injectors from the kit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would also reach out to Whipple they might be able to point you in a good direction for a tuner... They really helped me out with another build I did on a 5.0L mustang... when I ran into trouble with my tuner...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts