Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
II am looking to add one of these now and the other by the end of the summer for the fall season. Which would be better to add first? Im leaning towards the 90mm TB? All opinions welcome and if you have another suggestion feel free to add.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Get a 90mm ported intake then get the throttle body later. Im doing them both at the Same time

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you say I can get away without a tune with a ported intake and get the tb and tune done at a later date? Getting a tune is really not a problem so if its better to get it done with both individually then I can do that. Actually I probably will for no other reason then to see what if any HP increase I get from the last dyno. Maybe someone would find that info useful.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Would you say I can get away without a tune with a ported intake and get the tb and tune done at a later date? Getting a tune is really not a problem so if its better to get it done with both individually then I can do that. Actually I probably will for no other reason then to see what if any HP increase I get from the last dyno. Maybe someone would find that info useful.

Anytime you do a modification that lets more air into the engine, you most likely need to add more fuel as well. You might be able to get away without a tune with just the ported manifold, but the only way to know for sure, is to install an A/F gauge along with the ported intake manifold, and physically see if you are running lean. If you get a ported intake manifold with a good CMR tune, it's not like drastic changes have to me made when you install the 90mm TB.......it just needs more fuel. You won't need to buy 2 tunes.....just need a revision.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
You could run into some idle issues with a 90mmTB and ported manny without a tune revision. Some have in the past.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking the TB and a new tune for the spring. I'll go after the intake for the fall. My tuner gives me free updates and I usually throw him a few bucks for his troubles. Thanks for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.