Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all what fluids should I changes once I hit 30k??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I would say drop the tranny pan and change the filter and top back off. T-Case, front and rear diffs.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Most wear and tear on a tranny happens in the first 30k. That's when you should service it to get all the contaminants out before they settle in all the nooks and crannies.

Do a little googling on the topic, interesting info out there. But you gotta make your own informed decision.

But for sure t-case and diffs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i asked my dealer about changing the front & rear diff fluids when i had the trsf case fluid changed. They couldn't find anything about it so they didn't. i'm confused...

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Reactions: xrayi

·
Registered
792 Posts
Good info was wondering the same thing I have 42,5 would there be anything else. Trucks going in this weekend and was going to do an oil change and the tranny. Now the diffs anything else?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Just bought mine with 34k miles. The rear diff looks as if it had a new plug. What would you guys do? Assume it was changed or have it changed for piece of mind?
I would say piece of mind. Couldn't you find this info out? I know when I got my jeep they showed me all the times the jeep was serviced and or what it came in for. There has to be a record or something if it was done by a dealer no? Idk. But I still go with piece of mind.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I would.change the Front diff, Rear diff, and Transfercase every 15k..... There are plenty of guys that have shown that the Transfercase looks like a nice thick Chocolate milk guys... I am.not about to cheap out on the maintenance for this vehicle as I want it to last....

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would.change the Front diff, Rear diff, and Transfercase every 15k..... There are plenty of guys that have shown that the Transfercase looks like a nice thick Chocolate milk guys... I am.not about to cheap out on the maintenance for this vehicle as I want it to last....
A bro how much do you think this will cost? Front and rear diff, t case,and tranny?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
A bro how much do you think this will cost? Front and rear diff, t case,and tranny?

I paid 34bucks a quart and bought 2 of the transfercase fluid from someone on here... Next I.use Royal Purple.for the Diff oil and bought a case of 12 from Amazon for 170 shipped I believe, which came to about 13 bucks a bottle.. I checked the price at Pepboys and the gear oil was 17.99 each... Go halves on a box with someone.... Actually I am almost due myself if you want we can goes halves on a box and I can get it from.Amazon... Holla at me you want to do it.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you don't so anything else, The transfer case fluid!
Mine here at 29K miles after I got it, the new on left (obviously) next to the old, due to the carbon fiber clutch plates, it’s a must.
And I used Royal Purple too for the axles, as i do in everything I own.

Attachments

·
BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts
My car has 46000 miles on it. I do race it so I try to take good care of everything. I've done the front dif 3 times, My rear dif has been done 4 times. I just got the wavetrac installed. ;) My car has had more new motor oil than most get in a lifetime! Don't forget the coolant!
So far everything is in good working order.
My last work truck got retired with 310,000 miles on it and I was sad to see it go. It ran fine and didn't leak or burn a drop! Two of my company service trucks have over 250,000 miles on them and still going strong. My 2006 GMC Sierra has 170,000 miles and it will be pulling my Jeep to Florida next month. Regular fluid changes are the most important thing you can do for a vehicle.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I did my front and rear diffs, transfer case and transmission fluid all at 30k. I had the dealer do it, and it cost me $550 or so.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I paid 34bucks a quart and bought 2 of the transfercase fluid from someone on here... Next I.use Royal Purple.for the Diff oil and bought a case of 12 from Amazon for 170 shipped I believe, which came to about 13 bucks a bottle.. I checked the price at Pepboys and the gear oil was 17.99 each... Go halves on a box with someone.... Actually I am almost due myself if you want we can goes halves on a box and I can get it from.Amazon... Holla at me you want to do it.....
When where you planing on getting this? I might want to go 1/2. I should find a place that will let me bring my own stuff and just have them do it for me. Where do u go bro?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.