Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice on a place to get my wheels repaired in south Florida. They have some rash and some pitting. I would like to have the rash repaired and the wheels chromed. I called on a guy here in Jupiter Florida and he told me no one will chrome then, as it is outlawed by the EPA?? And he only does high end work?? Like these jeeps aren't high end?? Anyway does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Let me know too. I need some repair on mine down here. I called everywhere in Miami/ Broward with no luck

·
Registered
710 Posts
Let me know too. I need some repair on mine down here. I called everywhere in Miami/ Broward with no luck
calchrome.com can do it, but they're all the way in LA. I live in the Miami/Broward area too, I found a couple guys who said they can do it. The problem with them is that they're not experienced or have the proper skills for me to even trust them. /:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
calchrome.com can do it, but they're all the way in LA. I live in the Miami/Broward area too, I found a couple guys who said they can do it. The problem with them is that they're not experienced or have the proper skills for me to even trust them. /:
Yeah, F that! There's a lot of that shady shit going on down here. If you aren't an expert, don't touch my shit. Were in LA?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
In Miami, not too far from me

http://www.turbax.com/

No personal experience but have hear good things
I used them to refinish some forged alloy M3 wheels back about 5 years ago. They had a guy here who used to pick up then deliver when finished, so I decided to use them based on a referral from my local indy BMW mechanic and the fact that a refinisher in Boston actually "lost" some other wheels I sent them to refinish. When I got them back from turbax, I had to refinish their "refinish" work myself, they were supposed to polish them and left them full of grinding marks that I had to actually wet-sand off myself. Took me several days of wet sanding and polishing, but they turned out great. They would take no responsibility for their crap-_ss job so I'd have to recommend that you do your due diligence very carefully.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
^^^^Good To Know
Yeah, they look like a pretty good company too. Damn I was just getting excited about having them right here. I've been thinking black chrome lately!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Hey guys, my experience was quite a while ago, in all fairness to them, had they been local, I'm sure I would have been able to work with them to rectify it. Things change, they may now be doing great work. I would just be very careful. At least they didn't lose my wheels like the Boston-area refinishing outfit, fortunately they found them about a month later--the refinish job was very good from these guys but that was a heckuva month waiting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if you guys are willing to ship em, theres a great place near allentown, pa. i just had mine done there and they look awesome. shouldve taken before and after pics but didnt think about it till after. mine had severe curb rash from the previous owner and the caoting was cracking and coming off on all the wheels, they took all the coating off and fixed the rash. they look just like they did from new except i got them powdercoated. they do chroming and everything but i wanted the powdercoated look. wheelcollision.com check em out. they have this stuff called hyperchrome thats even chromier ( yeah its a word! haha) than chrome. i cant say enough good things about them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.