Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 WK2 SRT8 with 70k miles on it. I recently have been having a humming/vibration at 35-45 than off 45-55 than 55-65 than off again. I just put new tires on it. Toyo proxies st iii and it feels like since I put the tires on it's made this noise. There's no grinding or metal scrapping noise so I'm not sure what going on. It goes away if I turn left slightly but still there if I turn right. Any insight?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Many issues begin when something changes. Take it back to the shop and have them check the balance would be my first move; an unbalanced tire had the potential to resonate at specific speeds. Speed specific vibrations are also a sign of bent tie-rods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first suspicion for the noise is tires, just because you noticed it after the new tires.

That being said though, in my years of working in the automotive service I have also found that people are hypersensitive to noises and vibrations after they have had their car worked on. They are on high alert when they get their car back from service and may hear and feel things that they had not noticed before bringing the car in.

You can try rotating tire positions. If it is one of the tires causing noise the noise will change. If no change then it is not likely the tires. Or if no change it could just be how that tread pattern sounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts