Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make these things in batches one color a ta time or what?

Lurker here for a little while. On the fence about buying a new SRT8 very soon. I use the net to scan dealer inventory and EVERY dealer within 200 miles has a BLACK one. One dealer nearby has silver and one has the red. Other than that I see 15 black ones. I was hoping to at least see the Mineral Grey because that was tops on my list but nobody has one.

The black is sweet but up here in the NE black cars are a nightmare to keep clean and I prefer the contrasting color scheme with the black accents.

I'm half joking and half serious... did they make only black Jeeps last month? Is this normal? Will the lots have nothing but silver next month? :huh:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think in the beginning they batched them by color, but I doubt that is still happening. I just think black is the most popular color and the safest color to have on the lot for a sale.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Everyone I've seen in person so far has been black. If I remember right, black was the highest production color for the WK1 as well.

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Don't forget the Japanese tsunami wiped out Chryslers tint factory. Not sure if it affect mineral gray but I know red was a ***** to get hold of.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You'd think they'd learn a lesson from the book of Viper. For years Dodge did this. Then all of a sudden in 2008 they release a plethora of new colors and look what happened. It increased sales. People are begging Jeep to release some special SRT8 colors. It would be even cooler if they offered exclusive SRT8 colors. Just please no bright greens, yellows, oranges, etc. Leave the Jeep classy. Save the crazy colors for the SRT8 Durango. I'd like to see an arctic white, teal, some shade of blue, etc.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Everyone I've seen in person so far has been black. If I remember right, black was the highest production color for the WK1 as well.
Same here. I've seen quite a few SRT8s in Houston, all black. When I see them coming head on it's very obviously an SRT8. From the rear I can't tell until I get right behind it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You'd think they'd learn a lesson from the book of Viper. For years Dodge did this. Then all of a sudden in 2008 they release a plethora of new colors and look what happened. It increased sales. People are begging Jeep to release some special SRT8 colors. It would be even cooler if they offered exclusive SRT8 colors. Just please no bright greens, yellows, oranges, etc. Leave the Jeep classy. Save the crazy colors for the SRT8 Durango. I'd like to see an arctic white, teal, some shade of blue, etc.
Ok, I'll riddle you this. What other colors would look great on the SRT8? Example, White Diamond?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ok, I'll riddle you this. What other colors would look great on the SRT8? Example, White Diamond?
Yup! White would be the next big thing...

Question do you think the rarity of a color will help with resale?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree a deep blue would be great. Either a bright shade or a muted silver color.

I'm weird though so I'd like yellow or metallic orange that was popular a few years back.

White would have to be a VERY pearly color white.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'm 94.731% sure you are being a smart ass. If so, I like your style.

To give you a serious answer. The reason I said "arctic" white is simple. Many factory white cars have too much yellow or cream in them. "Arctic" white is an easy and crystal clear way of conveying that I want to see a bright mutha ****in white paint job. As mentioned, a teal (green-blue), other type of blue, something between mineral gray and black, like a charcoal, etc would look good. Conservative but attractive colors.

The Jeep SRT8 is obviously the flagship SRT8 vehicle. With that said it should be kept classy. Jeep has already shown their intention to keep the Jeep classy with the WK2 SRT8 hood. Subtle but aggressive. This logic also carries over the the Chrysler 300 and Charger SRT8s. The charger came out with bright and loud colors whereas the 300 is offered in more conservative colors...but this red, black, gray, silver only shit has got to go.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm 94.731% sure you are being a smart ass. If so, I like your style.

To give you a serious answer. The reason I said "arctic" white is simple. Many factory white cars have too much yellow or cream in them. "Arctic" white is an easy and crystal clear way of conveying that I want to see a bright mutha ****in white paint job. As mentioned, a teal (green-blue), other type of blue, something between mineral gray and black, like a charcoal, etc would look good. Conservative but attractive colors.

The Jeep SRT8 is obviously the flagship SRT8 vehicle. With that said it should be kept classy. Jeep has already shown their intention to keep the Jeep classy with the WK2 SRT8 hood. Subtle but aggressive. This logic also carries over the the Chrysler 300 and Charger SRT8s. The charger came out with bright and loud colors whereas the 300 is offered in more conservative colors...but this red, black, gray, silver only shit has got to go.
Then you'd be 94.731% wrong, I was actually being serious. However, if you like me more as a smart ass, I can surely do that :cool:

The reason I bring up the White Diamond was because Cadillac did that with the V car 2 years ago. The first run through was Black, Red and Gray and the first color they added was the White Diamond....and it looked classy and fantastic. I'm far from a white guy as I hate, HATE keeping them clean with all the road splatter, but when they are clean they look awesome. I much prefer the sparkle and glitter of the diamond rather than the just plain arctic, so I am the opposite of you.

Regarding the Jeep, black, red, gray are covered. If I would to add colors it would be a white, blue, tan/gold and possibly a burnt orange (always loved that color when GM did it).

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think a gunmetal, graphite, or titanium color would look nice, too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Would love some special SRT only colors. I hate driving around and seeing normal GCs the same color.

I just recently bought the mineral grey hoping it will be a less popular color. I think we are going to put a strip on it too like those red Italian jeeps that were on here a few days ago. Should be fairly unique.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yup! White would be the next big thing...

Question do you think the rarity of a color will help with resale?
It's almost universally the opposite. Weird colours hurt resale because you are reducing your pool of potential buyers to people who like the colour. For resale you want dark, or even better still, silver.

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's almost universally the opposite. Weird colours hurt resale because you are reducing your pool of potential buyers to people who like the colour. For resale you want dark, or even better still, silver.

Understand where you are coming from but I was talking about the color pool that is available currently. So if the mineral grey or red is only say 20% of the manufactured colors in 2012, would that make them worth more in the long run...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Understand where you are coming from but I was talking about the color pool that is available currently. So if the mineral grey or red is only say 20% of the manufactured colors in 2012, would that make them worth more in the long run...
I'm guessing the same theory applies. Take 2010 for instance, modern blue was only 7.4% of production. Modern blues arent worth any more than black or silver from what I know. Now if they only made, like 100 deep cherry's because the plant was wiped out you might have something, but that didnt happen. It looks to me like they made their quotas.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Then you'd be 94.731% wrong, I was actually being serious. However, if you like me more as a smart ass, I can surely do that :cool:

The reason I bring up the White Diamond was because Cadillac did that with the V car 2 years ago. The first run through was Black, Red and Gray and the first color they added was the White Diamond....and it looked classy and fantastic. I'm far from a white guy as I hate, HATE keeping them clean with all the road splatter, but when they are clean they look awesome. I much prefer the sparkle and glitter of the diamond rather than the just plain arctic, so I am the opposite of you.

Regarding the Jeep, black, red, gray are covered. If I would to add colors it would be a white, blue, tan/gold and possibly a burnt orange (always loved that color when GM did it).
Actually, it was black raven, crystal red, thunder gray AND blue diamond tri-coat. ;) Blue Diamond Tri-Coat cars are very rare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.