Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you put the new 6.4L motor in the WK1? What kind of performance numbers do you think it would produce? Would you get the fuel economy thingy to work? It's the exact same tranny is it not? Curious..........:thinkerg:

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
it has been done for long time
u can search the forum just write block 392 and you will find it
The 392 that everyone runs isn't the same 392 that's in the wk2

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Its not a stroked 5.7.
6.1: 4.055 bore x 3.579 stroke
5.7: 3.917 bore x 3.579 stroke
6.4: 4.090 bore x 3.720 stroke

It has more bore and more stroke than both the 6.1 and the 5.7.
It has the same cam journals as the 09+ 5.7
It has its own camshaft
It has its own cylinder heads
It has its own intake manifold

It is a superior engine in every way except for the fact that you cant tune it yet.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well if I were to mix the WK1 and WK2, I'd take the WK2's interior and put it in my WK1....thats all. The 6.1 has plenty of giddy up for me and the outside styling is nicer IMO. Not bashing the WK2 just saying what I would do if I could "mate" them :D

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I know the 6.1 is an amazing engine, hell they are getting damn near 1000 hp out of a stock block. But it doesn't have MDS, and was wondering if you could get it to work in the WK1. And if the Chubby Wk2 is getting mid 4's with it what would the WK1 get numbers wise.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I know the 6.1 is an amazing engine, hell they are getting damn near 1000 hp out of a stock block. But it doesn't have MDS, and was wondering if you could get it to work in the WK1. And if the Chubby Wk2 is getting mid 4's with it what would the WK1 get numbers wise.
I think Harrison is over 1k HP mark at the crank on a stock bottom end with that last dyno he did.

Jim

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
If you wanted a 392 stroker, doing a stroker kit on a 6.1 or 5.7 kit (the blocks are all the same) would yield an inherently more powerful engine than the stock WK2. Do you need variable cam phasing and MDS? NO!! They are just add-ons that require more programming and more parts that can break. If you went to all the trouble to put a stroker kit in, then you'd obviously spend the extra dough to port and polish the heads and put a half-way decent cam in it. You'd wind up with a 500+whp 392, vice the measly 400whp stock 392 from the WK2.

If your question is along the lines of, what if you just went out a bought the WK2 replacement crate engine and slapped-it in the WK1, you'd obviously have to bring some sort of tuning component to the game to get it to work correctly. You'd up yourself a whopping 40 engine horsepower for around $11,000, and maybe get an extra mpg on the hwy becuase the WK1 is lighter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.