Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a barely used Trinity tomorrow for $400 from someone tight on money. I just want to make sure that i'm not missing something. he says that it's unmarried from the vehicle that it was on and has not been registered yet. My SRT8 jeep just has a mopar CAI and Billy Boat exhaust on it. What should i look for when inspecting this. are there different versions of the trinity model? he purchased it new this year in may, used it for 2 months and has everything included with the unit. Any info would greatly be appreciated, this is my first diablo sport tuner. Thanks guys. I just want to make sure im not getting excited about a model that's been revised and pulled off the shelf for something crazy lol. seemed like an awesome deal and didn't want to pass it up. What should i look out for when inspecting this and the package? any specific info to look for? manufacture date, options, features, etc.?

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
That's what I paid for mine new. Basic as previously poster stated. Ask for drive disk if he still has it, cord and window mount..as it should come with it. Make sure its unmarried and update it via website before you use. Are you planning on doing any other major mods? If not might be over kill and you can pick up a used pred cheaper. Great unit though as it has everything you will ever need

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks for the info guys!! Ltleo how'd you get a new one for that amount?? I thought this was a good deal but a new one for $400 is even better! He definitely has the disc, window mount, and cord. He said he has everything but the cleaning pad that comes with it for the suction cup.

I do plan on doing major mods once I go through it and address all of the issues from the dealership that I purchased it from. I would love to do a big whipple s/c build on this eventually. I'm just in the early stages of making the parts list for this build. I'm currently looking for the best quality options for heads, cam, intake, etc. so I can get my list started.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: I picked it up but it's missing the USB cord.... can I just use a standard USB cord? It came with the Diablo Disc, obd cord, window suction cup, and programmer. Am I missing anything else? Any suggestions on the USB cord?

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
UPDATE: I picked it up but it's missing the USB cord.... can I just use a standard USB cord? It came with the Diablo Disc, obd cord, window suction cup, and programmer. Am I missing anything else? Any suggestions on the USB cord?

Any USB cord with the right connectors will work. That's the point of USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad, that was a dumb question. Thanks. I'll get it squared away today.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
In our little group we have tested 2 srt8 jeeps 1 2012 and 1 2014 with cai and custom tunes from a well known tuner in the forum against a 2012 bone stock srt8 jeep. The only diff in the modded jeeps was the 2014 was about 100 lbs lighter in race wt than the 2012. Now the 2012 bone stock jeep was 60 lbs heavier than the modded 2012 and 160 lbs heavier than the 2014 and all on 91 gas. The cai and custom tunes were .32 faster than the bone stock jeep in the 1/8 mile. This will give you a idea is the cai and tuner + a custom tune werth about 1000 buxs +.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*One last question* what do i need the SD card for, i see the slot but no SD card. can i get started without this??

Thanks guys!!! I just got a usb cable, sat in front of the computer to get everything all set and the Diablo Download site is down for maintenance!!!..... lol, oh well, i'll try back after New Years.... I was really hoping to have it set today but this will give me time to work on other things that need addressed with the Jeep in the meantime. Thanks again for all of your help guys

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
*One last question* what do i need the SD card for, i see the slot but no SD card. can i get started without this??

Thanks guys!!! I just got a usb cable, sat in front of the computer to get everything all set and the Diablo Download site is down for maintenance!!!..... lol, oh well, i'll try back after New Years.... I was really hoping to have it set today but this will give me time to work on other things that need addressed with the Jeep in the meantime. Thanks again for all of your help guys
Gotta have somewhere to save the settings bro. Your home computer isn't going to work very well without memory. ;)

They're stupid cheap.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta have somewhere to save the settings bro. Your home computer isn't going to work very well without memory. ;)

They're stupid cheap.
Thanks, picked one up today, I should be all set now, just waiting for the Diablo Download site to become available again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Trinity does have internal memory available so you really don't need an SD card. But using one obviously provides for additional memory. It also makes for easy transfer of data logging from vehicle to computer. I keep all of my tunes on a SD card and load the data logs to it for convenience - surprisingly tiny file sizes. But again, you don't need a memory card for it to function just fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: all done with my initial Diablo software updates and installs on the computer and programmer. gonna throw it on the Jeep and learn what this thing is all about. Happy New Year everyone, have fun and be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
You only need an ad card if your saving multiple tunes and settings and such for more then one vehicle. I don't use the sd card. I've saved tunes and multiple logs on mine with more then enough room. You do not need it for your computer at all. Only if you don't want to save files to your computer. I personally save all my files, logs, and tunes to my computer and back them up,to my cloud services. Just for extra protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts