Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 jeep srt8, with a bwoody cai, diablo, borla s catback, catch can, 180 thermostat, What numbers should I be looking at the track with a custom tune from jerseyboy or johan? and what should I do next? headers? save for supercharger?

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
im guessing low 13's.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I have an 07 jeep srt8, with a bwoody cai, diablo, borla s catback, catch can, 180 thermostat, What numbers should I be looking at the track with a custom tune from jerseyboy or johan? and what should I do next? headers? save for supercharger?

With that setup I was running 12.6-12.8 depending on DA. Headers would be good, or a ported intake manifold.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yeah, i was ran a 12.61 with that set up with good DA, all the way up to 12.9 in bad DA.

I say save up for the SC...

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Density altitude is the altitude in the International Standard Atmosphere at which the air density would be equal to the actual air density at the place of observation, or, in other words, the height when measured in terms of the density of the air rather than the distance from the ground. "Density Altitude" is the pressure altitude adjusted for non-standard temperature.
Both an increase in temperature and, to a much lesser degree, humidity will cause an increase in density altitude. Thus, in hot and humid conditions, the density altitude at a particular location may be significantly higher than the true altitude.

Basically, density altitude is the altitude the truck THINKS it is at, and performs in accordance with.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Depending on the tuner,your race wt and what gas your running,(91,93,100,sunoco104,sunocoE15 or vp109). Now i never have run the 1/4 mile but i can convert my best 1/8 mile to 1/4. DA of +12 ft on 93 gas i ran 1/8mile of 7.95 / (12.47 1/4 converted) with a bone stock jeep except 2 mods of cai and cmr dyno tune. My race wt is 5190 lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts