Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a CAI, catch can and a intune...need to get a 180t-stat and a custom tune....after that i have about $1500 to play with, what would be the most effective mod for hp/speed gain?
i wont be trying to break any records at the track now or later i just want a little bit more passing power for the streets.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Get a cam

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from my searches it looks like a lil boy cam...i cant find no write up from start to finish....i never installed a cam how difficult are they to install? cam is less then 500 what else should i change while im in there?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Borla S.

Not effective for Hp/cost.

But Borla S FTMFW. Sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nothing for $1500 is gonna set the dragstrip on fire, so that's why you get the Borla and enjoy the rumble........LOLOL

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Cam will still give u nice hp gain for 0-60

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah I would go with a cam. What are your long term goals? If you plan on staying with minor bolt ons for a while I would get a low end cam and enjoy crushing cars off the line.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I would go with a cam. What are your long term goals? If you plan on staying with minor bolt ons for a while I would get a low end cam and enjoy crushing cars off the line.
so a cam wont give me anything mid to high just low end power?

ill be done if i could just get a little more power threw out. i guess i wanna be around 12.5-12.75 1/4 mile runner.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I would definitely get a cam, for the 1500 youll be about there with install total.

·
Registered
802 Posts
SRT Max is more of a mid-high range cam. Proven cam, and sounds nice. I enjoyed it when I had it.

$1,500 should cover cam and install easily. You'll also need to get a proper tune...so get at Johan (diablotoona) or Joel ([email protected]) - they are a couple of the absolute tuners, in my opinion. Johan just about nailed my 426 with a base tune, then two revisions for perfect measure, and viola!

Chad! FTI converter FTW!!!

Reactions: DemonPerformance
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.