Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 SRT8 at a local dealer, wondering what i should pay. I am really dreading going, the whole dealer game sucks. Its silver with 39k miles, doesn't have NAV/DVD. They are asking 31k. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I bought mine a 08 with 29k and option group 1 only and I paid 38,999.00. 31k sounds like a fair price you could only maybe talk them to 30 if ur a really good negotiator.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
2008 SRT8 at a local dealer, wondering what i should pay. I am really dreading going, the whole dealer game sucks. Its silver with 39k miles, doesn't have NAV/DVD. They are asking 31k. Thanks.

Does it have factory HID headlights? If not, offer $26-$27K.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I bought mine a 08 with 29k and option group 1 only and I paid 38,999.00. 31k sounds like a fair price you could only maybe talk them to 30 if ur a really good negotiator.

Yikes, I paid $42,000 for my 08 brand new fully loaded with NAV/DVD and HID back in 08.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
That price does sound fair for a dealer. But without DVD/Nav, i'd pass it up and move on unless you can get a really good deal. I'm thinking the most one should may would be $28k, maybe $29 if it is in good shape.

I bought my '08 new in Feb. 09, $35k. Dealership was closing down in a few months.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and drove it, doesn't have HIDS. Tailgate is a little scratched up and there is a little curb rash on two of the wheels. I offered him 27k and he couldn't do it but he is going to call me in a couple days to see if he can work something out. What do you think about the Zurich comprehensive warranty, is it worth it?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
They probably won't budge much in the price. They are still really popular and they know they can get what they are asking. I don't see no HID's dropping the price 4 or 5 grand. You can get all those separate anyway for like a grand.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Yea sounds fair considering what you paid:eek: but 31k is too much considering no HIDS and nav/dvd. Shouldnt be over 30ktops!!! Like Johnny said 28-29 is where it should be.

Look on autotrader for that price or a few K more and you will find 09-10s with around that mileage.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got an email from him, and he asked if it was 27k + TTL. I think he thought I meant 27K OTD. I will do the 27k+TTL. They did say fees. I am not too sure what they are going to try to hit me with when they say fees. Anyone know what I should be looking at as for as normal fees? I know the tax should be 6%.

Also, is that warranty good? I am thinking of just getting the warranty on the powertrain and forgetting the full warranty. They showed me the price of 1600 for 2 years and 20k miles.

You guys are a great help.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Went and drove it, doesn't have HIDS. Tailgate is a little scratched up and there is a little curb rash on two of the wheels. I offered him 27k and he couldn't do it but he is going to call me in a couple days to see if he can work something out. What do you think about the Zurich comprehensive warranty, is it worth it?
Don't buy any 3rd party warranty as they are worthless. I had one and got rid of it and bought a Max care warranty from Chrysler. I say 29 to 31k is what that jeep is about worth. I have a 2008 and bought it loaded with everything except the kicker audio and paid 39k out the door with only 6200 miles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They came back with 28800 and comes out to be 31k OTD. The only thing I don't like is the 299 processing fee. Is that normal?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
They came back with 28800 and comes out to be 31k OTD. The only thing I don't like is the 299 processing fee. Is that normal?
I say 28800 is fine... It sounds like a documentation fee of some sort.. I just eat the cost since they already lowered the price on the Jeep...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got them to waive the fee and the price a tad. After all said and done, its 30500 OTD. I think its a decent deal, 1 owner srt 8.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i just bought my 08 with 66k miles today for 26k and it has option group 1 & 2 in pristine condition

·
Registered
53 Posts
from every bit of research and looking i did before i pulled the trigger, you can find one with nav/dvd/hid's and spend what you are gonna on this rig, esp if the tailgate is scratched with some curb rash, im not sayin its a terrible deal, but you can find better if you take a little time

·
Registered
205 Posts
I can't believe how well these things are still holding value!
In 08 I paid 25k for a fully loaded, one owner nearly perfect, Steel Blue 07 with some really nice mods.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up buying this one. 99% of the scratch buffed out. I did consider buying others but nothing was anywhere close to where I live. I found a few online but then I would have to ship it and buy it without checking it out first. Got it for 28200.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i bought mine less than a year ago 2006 all options, dvd and nav in showroom condition no mods i paid 28,3xx something out the door it had 32k on it

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I can't believe how well these things are still holding value!
In 08 I paid 25k for a fully loaded, one owner nearly perfect, Steel Blue 07 with some really nice mods.
Haven't seen you post in a while RaceRat... Hope all is well.....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I ended up buying this one. 99% of the scratch buffed out. I did consider buying others but nothing was anywhere close to where I live. I found a few online but then I would have to ship it and buy it without checking it out first. Got it for 28200.
Congrats man, 30.5 OTD is a good price! Enjoy her, what is your first mod goin to be?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.