Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was very satisfied with the magnacharger this past year, now im looking to go faster. What mod do you think I should go with next, besides the maggie, all I have is exhaust. What do you think:
1.Cam
2.Fuel Upgrade
3.Heads
4.Longtubes
5.bigger pulley when racing only
Just asking for thoughts. Budget is limited at this point in time, but it could increase.

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
None of the above, start banking money for a trans.

You say you have a limited mod budget. So it may take a while to save up enough.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Here's my .2c Jay , Call Bill and talk to him in getting a Stall converter , then Call Harrison and get the fuel pump upgrade as Maggie supplied Injectors are good enough , then depending on what boost you putting out now , i would upgrade the pulley to make just about 8-9 psi . A blower cam wouldn't be a bad idea but Heads i would hold off . Also what are you goals BTW ???

I also agree with Tony , sad but the truth :(

· Registered
11,229 Posts
If it were me,fuel upgrade definitely to dump the BAP. Then smaller pulley and blue top solenoids.
For the money IMO that will give you the bang for your buck.
Agreed , Also The Magnacharger will definitely benefit from a Dominator TC IMO , Wait till warmer weather hits and see .

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah im leaning towards the fuel setup from harrison for sure, I talked to Bill and he gave a price on a few things also. Im already at 8lbs and Eskle had me thinking about doing 10 for track events. As for the cage, i refuse to cut up my jeep, so It will only be private track days for me. But that doesnt bother me. My goal is a 10.99 or close to it. I dont drive the truck except for on weekends so I hope the trans can hold out long enough for me to do the upgrade. BTW, this is not an overnight plan.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
I found that is pretty easy on a boosted jeep to hit low 11's on good DA , The barrier after that low 11 is where is at , takes really good power to shave .2-.4 tenths once you there . Just use Askle as an example and ideas of the Mods he has as it will take Money to get there, if you get there .

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
I agree with all of the above answers. Just know that it is only matter of time before you will be needing a new trans if you further increase your power,

And they ain't cheap lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.