Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some various rev limits? i shift at 6k flat WOT, which is beginning of redline and that is fine and safe for me i don't wanna over buzz the engine but i was wondering what other people are using and with what mods?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
6500 rpm with FRI Sparrow cam, PAC 1218 valve springs, forged pushrods, ported intake manifold, 4" Bwoody, 85mm Arrington TB, SLP pulley, 2800 stall, Stage II valve body, Borla S, Magnaflow X-pipe, MHP TCM, Nitrous outlet 100 shot.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Same - 6500 rpm - SRT Max cam, CAI, 85mm TB, Stage II valve body, cutouts; Johan set the limit in the tune.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Doesn't matter what u set the limit to. Its still gonna shift where the tcm tells it to. If for some reason u exceed 6700, it will most likely go into limp mode due yo the internal rev limiter in the tcm that we can't change.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Doesn't matter what u set the limit to. Its still gonna shift where the tcm tells it to. If for some reason u exceed 6700, it will most likely go into limp mode due yo the internal rev limiter in the tcm that we can't change.
Yup that is what I have found out JB.... My Rig will go into limp mode at times... I wonder if the old MHP TCM had the internal TCM REV limiter modified.... I.have seen logs from a MHP TCM and they will shift close to 6700 rpm....

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Yup that is what I have found out JB.... My Rig will go into limp mode at times... I wonder if the old MHP TCM had the internal TCM REV limiter modified.... I.have seen logs from a MHP TCM and they will shift close to 6700 rpm....
If your talking about a GotStroked TCM then yea, it should be used for a door stop...;)

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Here's my MHP TCM shifting at around 6450-6480. It's not always consistant, sometimes it will short shift, but for the most part shifts at 6450 the majority of the time. IMO, it really doesnt help much, we don't really make a ton of power over 6000 rpm.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Here's my MHP TCM shifting at around 6450-6480. It's not always consistant, sometimes it will short shift, but for the most part shifts at 6450 the majority of the time. IMO, it really doesnt help much, we don't really make a ton of power over 6000 rpm.

IMG 0385 - YouTube
Trust me they help bro.... Take it off and your trap speed will go down at least 2 mph and at least a tenth or 2..
That's about where mine shifts right now and I as well will short shift at time from first to 2nd gear....

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
If your talking about a GotStroked TCM then yea, it should be used for a door stop...;)
Lmao..... Funny shat Brian!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts