Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got toyo proxies stII 275/315 setup and I need to run 40psi in them or they make my steering wheel shimmy. I have had them road forced however the shops in NOVA all suck. I have been through a few set of tires now and every set I get told the tires are bad and wont road force to low numbers, thinking is just the shops not knowing what they are doing IMO. What are the chances of getting mulitple tires and having them all be bad? Any ways what is everyone else running?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Toyo Proxes ST11 pressure

I run the 295/265 Toyo combo. An e-mail sent to Toyo about pressure for these tires. Their response was...32psi rear...28psi fronts. Interesting, I run 33 all around, same as stock GY's.
These tires solved my vibration problems. Just a side note although slightly taller than stock they are the same .1 of an inch difference (front to back) as our stock tires.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I have mine set (all around) at 34 cold. They hit 389/39/40 yesterday when the temps were in the high 80's.

Roll Out!!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
An e-mail sent to Toyo about pressure for these tires. Their response was...32psi rear...28psi fronts. Interesting, I run 33 all around, same as stock GY's.
I don't see why Toyo would give out different specs than the factory specs? A different size tire will take a different amount of air to achieve the same pressure, sure, but the recommended pressure should still be the same.

·
Registered
298 Posts
275/315 Invo; I run 35 cold

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
idk about you guys but i run them at 43/44 once warmed up...about 40 cold. dont mind the stiffer ride and they take corners really well still.

·
Registered
97 Posts
stock size nitto 420s 36 pounds winter time and 32 summer time

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
I run 38 to 40 psi cold. I use to run 35 psi on my Toyos, but they looked like they were low when I had them 35... Last summer I went to theq SRT experience and I seen 50 psi on some of the Jeep I was driving.... Nice hot day in August too!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah I have noticed that with they are at about 35psi they do look like they are low. My thing too is I feel if I let them sit like that over night when its getting cold in the mornings it takes a few miles to get them to ride right. It almost feels like it puts a flat spot on the tire. Another question as well. When I bought mine there where two options for the tire. I dont remember what the difference was other than about 50 bucks a tire. Also does it matter on the load rating as well cause some of these could go on a car, maybe I bought the ones that were ment for cars?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
yeah I have noticed that with they are at about 35psi they do look like they are low. My thing too is I feel if I let them sit like that over night when its getting cold in the mornings it takes a few miles to get them to ride right. It almost feels like it puts a flat spot on the tire. Another question as well. When I bought mine there where two options for the tire. I dont remember what the difference was other than about 50 bucks a tire. Also does it matter on the load rating as well cause some of these could go on a car, maybe I bought the ones that were ment for cars?
Not sure what that option is that you are talking about man.... I agree with what you say about flat spotting, bit that can only happen if you leave something in the same position for weeks though not must from a few days. If I remember correctly the max psi we can inflate these tires is to 50 psi. These tires are made for an suv so I don't think we would have any load issues with them on our Jeeps...

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
When I got mine they had a regular and high speed version. Don't remember the exact terms they used, but I got the HS of course.

wink

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I got toyo proxies stII 275/315 setup and I need to run 40psi in them or they make my steering wheel shimmy. I have had them road forced however the shops in NOVA all suck. I have been through a few set of tires now and every set I get told the tires are bad and wont road force to low numbers, thinking is just the shops not knowing what they are doing IMO. What are the chances of getting mulitple tires and having them all be bad? Any ways what is everyone else running?

Got her back... VIBRATION GONE!! They did it again, first with the GoodYears and now with my Toyo's.

Here's the specs.

LR= 31 lbs. road force .75 oz rear, 1.50 oz front
RR= 60 lbs. road force .50 oz rear, .75 oz front
LF= 45 lbs. road force .00 rear, 1.25 oz front
RF= 14 lbs. road force .00 rear, 2.00 oz front

That's all folks!!

Roll Out!!

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
What happened to our 80 degrees Chris?
The temps will be here by the 22nd. Did I see 53 guy or gals signed up for the HEMI Shootout??!!

Roll Out!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm using the same f/r toyos and they are all over the air pressure spectrum depending upon the temps and baro. I can see as much as 8 psi change in them in the same day.
And if they get below 30 psi, I always have to add air as they will never regain from the cold temps. I like them at 36.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts