Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I serviced the jeep today. Changed the plugs and flushed the t-case again. I figured I'd post pics of the plugs after 67K miles on them.

I'll say the butt dyno tells me the jeep has more get up and go after the new plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Mine looked very similar after changing them at 50k , they were even a bit darker & the gap was out to 60 thou. The Jeep deffinetly runs stronger with the new plugs & I even got better mileage on a recent road trip.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be taking a 1400 mile trip shortly so I'll see about the mileage if it improves at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
It never went up much, maybe 1 or 2 mpg on the hi-way. I did gap them to 40 thou, as that was what I found on a few threads.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the dealer do the service for convenience. So I don't know. I assume mine are gaped to factory specs and I run a Johan tune.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just looking on wkjeeps and it's saying 0.040" for the 6.1

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_sparkplugs.htm

Type: PLZTR5A13

(NGK Double-Platinum 4998)

OEM P/N SPLZTR5A13
(formerly LCTR5A13A and 5037404AA)

MSRP: $10.45 ea.

.040 in. gap

1" reach (25mm, .984"), 5/8" Hex head, heat range 5

Torque to 12-14 Ft. lbs.*

* Torque critical tapered design. Do not exceed 15 ft. lbs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
244 Posts
You are using Never-Sieze when you do plug changes, right? I didn't notice any on the plugs. Nothing worse than having the threads sieze and pull out of the head......

Just my 2 cents..........

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Now wait a minute here Zac, you do all your suspension mods yourself & take it to the dealer to change the plugs? What's up with that? Someones getting lazy enjoying their time off huh. LOL

Jim

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now wait a minute here Zac, you do all your suspension mods yourself & take it to the dealer to change the plugs? What's up with that? Someones getting lazy enjoying their time off huh. LOL

Jim
Haha, I was planning on doing them myself but it's pretty cold and snowy here right now. Plus from the move my tool box is sort a buried in the trailer. So I let them do the work. Plus, I was gonna have them do the t-case anyways.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.