Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
611 Posts
Magnaflow part# 12599

· Registered
1,249 Posts
That maggie is direct fit and pretty cheap. The inlets are a little off centre from stock so your guy will have to monkey with it a little bit.

· Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Magnaflow part# 12599

Does anyone else have an issue with the statement that this muffler is "reversible"? For the love of god, explain to me how reversing the inlet/outlet of this muffler would change anything other than the position of the stamped name on the case.

But seriously.... :rofl:

· Registered
802 Posts
Do you want a louder exhaust? Modest? Somewhere in the middle? You have a lot of options man.

If you want loud, do cutouts and keep your stock muffler. Throw a cam in the mix and you can really hear the lope nicely.

The SLP Loudmouth I is pretty loud, especially when you get on it.

Magnaflow's "Glasspacks" are loud too, and are a newer take on the old school design.

Borla's mufflers have a really nice sound to them that falls somewhere between bullet-style mufflers and Magnaflow's muffler options.

The Magnaflow muffler mentioned above is quieter, but has a nice refined sound to it that I think the Jeeps should have come with from the factory.

4255jeepsrt8 - that muffler is an x-style muffler - no need for an x-pipe. Not really a need for one with our Jeeps in the first place with the way each side is a different length.

· Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I have a buddy with a Borla XR1 on his built SS TB and it sounds great!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
497 Posts
i have a flowmaster 40 series dual in dual out muffler and its freakin awesome! super loud and deep!
what part # is it? as this is the muffler I wanted , but the shop said it didn't come with 3in ends only 2.5. so they installed a 50 series flowmaster, it's ok, but not what I wanted. I have the flowmaster 40 series in my TBSS and love how it sounds. kids & GF keep telling me SS sounds better then SRT8. :eek:

· Registered
113 Posts
what part # is it? as this is the muffler I wanted , but the shop said it didn't come with 3in ends only 2.5. so they installed a 50 series flowmaster, it's ok, but not what I wanted. I have the flowmaster 40 series in my TBSS and love how it sounds. kids & GF keep telling me SS sounds better then SRT8. :eek:
FLO-9525454 from s ummit racing. it is 2.5 in but our stock exhausr are 2.75 so the person installing the muffler will just stretch the ends to fit, its a simple install and the muffler is only 90$ :)

· Registered
820 Posts
That crazy I was told mine sounds awesome by everyone. Do you have headers? I'm running stock exhaust with no resonators just slp in place of mufflers.
i still have the resonators and wot it is just super loud. it is super raspy. i now have headers and no cats but still have the resonators and it sounds better, it is deeper and more throaty but still screams wot.

in fact i drove to dinner last night with my buddy that hasn't been in it for a couple months and he just laughed and said i forgot how this sounds "not in a good way"

i plan to get a brola or corsa if one pops up for a good price and sell mine.

· Premium Member
184 Posts
I just installed slp lm 2's w/ Reso delete, sounds good but does get pretty loud and raspy at WOT thinking of putting on some slp resonators. Had someone drive my truck and it does sound better outside vs. inside.

· Registered
1 Posts
Exhaust mods...help please !!

Hello , new to the Forum , just bought a 2012 SRT8 , and only disappointment so far is the exhaust note . A Prius sounds as good...Have read all your notes...thanks. But am still a lot confused. I want the SRT8 to sound as bad as a 6.4 Hemi should around town , and when I step on it . Then I want it quiet , without droning , at highway speeds/revs .
Has anyone achieved this Nirvanic state ???
I have had good experiences with Borla in the past but only on imports , never had any big Murrican Iron before.... All help appreciated.
Modenaboy Denver CO

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Hello , new to the Forum , just bought a 2012 SRT8 , and only disappointment so far is the exhaust note . A Prius sounds as good...Have read all your notes...thanks. But am still a lot confused. I want the SRT8 to sound as bad as a 6.4 Hemi should around town , and when I step on it . Then I want it quiet , without droning , at highway speeds/revs .
Has anyone achieved this Nirvanic state ???
I have had good experiences with Borla in the past but only on imports , never had any big Murrican Iron before.... All help appreciated.
Modenaboy Denver CO
Most aftermarket catbacks dont drone but I dont know if anything is available for the wk2 yet. Loudness and drone are a trade off usually so your nirvana will be different then someone else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.