Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on what everyones rpm is at around 80 mph? Mine was around 3000 in an 06, just bought and first time on expressway.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yup, thats normal. Freaks everyone out at first... lol

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
With oem 29 in tall stock gy runflats that right but if you put tires on that are 1/2 shorter or taller the rpm will be off about 100 rpm either way. Thats really not that bad i remember with my 68 roadrunner i had 4.10 gears with a 4 speed and at 80 i was tacking 4200 rpm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I don't remember my 07 300 srt8 doing that, I must say that car was much more refined. Need to get used to the jeep.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The srt8 auto tranny 5th gear ratio is 0.83 and with the lx cars the gear ratio is 3.06,jeeps 3.73 and lx 5th gear overall ratio is 2.54 and the jeep 3.10. At 80 mph the lx cars are tacking 2350 rpm and the jeeps 3000.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just saw this thread, I was wondering if the trans in the lx is the same as ours? So my
question would be, can the units be swapped? It would be really nice to lower the RPM's
at hwy speeds.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Just saw this thread, I was wondering if the trans in the lx is the same as ours? So my
question would be, can the units be swapped? It would be really nice to lower the RPM's
at hwy speeds.

Swapping transmissions isn't going to do much of anything, unless you're adding more gears. The Jeep has 3.73 gears in the front and rear diffs. If you can find gears for our unique front diff, you might be able to swap to the LX gear ratio, but your Jeep will be slow off the line with less gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts