Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a few searches and come up with nothing to help me. I'm new to awd racing applications, everything I raced before launched on two wheels. So I feel very :grinbiginvert: in this world. Can y'all please help point me to what would be needed when I want to push the limits. Picked up my Jeep SRT8 yesterday, and I already know the mod bug is coming. Ordered a catch can, shorty antenna just today. I'm a typical drag racer who likes to go through out the season. I'd love to see high 9's, a high level transmission, strong rear end, and driveshaft. But then what about the front diff? I haven't found nothing on them. What else am I missing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are all gears universal?

Thanks guys I checked out paramount performance. Cool stuff :cool:

Just went and met up with a friend that has a srt8 charger and he said when he has some 4.10's that he would be glad to give me. Will they work with the jeep rear end?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Thanks guys I checked out paramount performance. Cool stuff :cool:

Just went and met up with a friend that has a srt8 charger and he said when he has some 4.10's that he would be glad to give me. Will they work with the jeep rear end?
Different rear end than the Charger and you'd need to find a set of 4.10's for the front as well otherwise the t-case will have a fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different rear end than the Charger and you'd need to find a set of 4.10's for the front as well otherwise the t-case will have a fit.
I thought the both would have a Dana 8.8 rear. But if they do work and fit, I saved half the money instead of buying two sets of 4.10.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The Jeep SRT has a modified Dana 44 in the rear and a conventional diff in the front (C280) if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
the topic of your thread is what is needed... gears... are not needed...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the topic of your thread is what is needed... gears... are not needed...
Post #4 it has a title of a different subject, felt would be better suited instead of starting a new thread and cluttering the Suspension/Driveline with all my threads.:p

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Out of curiosity, why on Gods Green Earth are you wanting to change the gearing? It's been done before with 0 gains. For the added performance factor vs. the cost, you may as well buy a blower.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Out of curiosity, why on Gods Green Earth are you wanting to change the gearing? It's been done before with 0 gains. For the added performance factor vs. the cost, you may as well buy a blower.
Why I was actually thinking of staying with what I have until I hit big turbo power go higher gears like in other thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.