Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on wheels, tires, lowering springs, QA1 Shocks and swaybar links for a while now but just didn't know which one I wanted to go with first and also wanted to make sure I did my research. Well, today was a long boring day at work so I decided to say F*** it and purchased everything at once.... BOOM! I'm extremely excited and can't wait for everything to get here!

Once I get everything and it's all installed I'll be sure to post some pictures!

Special thanks to Doug at FR, Ben and Mike with BWoody, Harrison, and Chad with Black ops for their help. They were all awesome to work with. Some of the best customer service I have ever had. :bigthumb:

Thanks to everyone on the forum too for all the useful and detailed threads and comments. This forum is awesome!

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Congrats on the new stuff.. Let me know how the QA1 shocks r.. Im thinkin of getting them.

Sent from my Iphone..follow me @ChahalJaggi

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Congrats on the new stuff.. Let me know how the QA1 shocks r.. Im thinkin of getting them.

Do it!!!!!!

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts

You should just go ahead & get a set. You can firm them up at the track so the rear don't squat so much & that in turn will help your launch/times. A tenth lower in your 60ft will translate to 2 or 3 tenths at the other end.

Jim

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, ordered R1 Rotors and Stoptechs last night through Steven.

Got the Rims and tires Monday, QA1's should be here today and everything else is expected to be here early to mid next week. I'm pumped, can't wait to get everything installed!

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got half of my install done last night (Rear brakes, rear springs, endlinks and shocks). I started on the passenger side and then finished on the drivers side. Everything went very smoothly until the driver side end link. So apparently my swaybar is offset to the right instead of to the left like it should be? The passenger side endlink was installed on the outside of the frame and the drivers side to the inside... This made it extremely difficult to put the top bolt in due to the gas tank. With some elbow grease and finesse I finally was able to get the holes lined up. I haven't checked my clearances yet, but am going to tonight. Based on reviews from mostly everybody on this forum, these endlinks are cake to install which leads me to believe that something's not right. Has anyone else run into this problem? Will this cause any adverse effects on performance or safety? I would assume that its OK as long as my tires clear and everything remains tight but I want to verify that with you guys.

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I finally took a couple pics. Sorry for the quality, I used my iPhone plus the weather is gross right now so the jeep is filthy. Once I get back in town and it's nicer out I will post more pics.

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Looking good. Definitely a nice package of mods you purchased. Can't wait to get my R1 rotors.

I'm really starting to dig the brilliant black as I like the metallic. My wife's 200s is just black and it shows surface scratches/swirls really easy. It is a PITA to keep it blinging for her and I wish it was metallic instead. haha

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Hawk! You'll really enjoy the R1s. I agree about the Brilliant. My '10 Ram had it too and loved how it looked which is a reason why I jumped on this Jeep.

· Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Sweet!!

Roll Out!!

· Registered
532 Posts
Wow. Great testament for lowering and 22s. The stance difference between the before and afters is ridiculous. Well done!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! It feels like a completely new ride. I thought I got a lot of compliments when it was stock... Every time I drive it, I'm guaranteed a compliment or 5 lol. I just walked out of the store to a guy basically on his hands and knees looking under the Jeep.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.