Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What features do I lose if I don’t renew SiriusXM?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  2quic4u 
#1 ·
I never listen to satellite radio, so that’s not an issue. What other features will I lose if I don’t renew? Traffic updates? Weather?

#2 · (Edited)
Well I did a little search and found there are different packages… music, traffic, and I think one called travel link. I tried calling XM but it was after their office hours.

Im not clear though, so maybe someone could let me know… the traffic conditions on my maps, is that updated through SiriusXM or some other service?!?!

#3 ·
Travel Link & Traffic Plus are both through Sirius. I believe you can keep them even if you decide not to renew your radio subscription. My trial is almost up, so I have been looking on how to renew everything. It’s nice to have the traffic info in-sync with the nav. You can get the traffic plus and the travel link together on the same plan for $5.98 per month. I believe they use tom tom for the service. Here’s a link:

#5 ·
That’s what you screen looks like too 2quic4u. Out of curiosity, what year is yourJeep? Your bottom screen buttons are different than on my 2017.

Just a side note… I logged on to my Sirius online account for the first time and discovered I’ve been auto paying for service on my 2008 GCSRT. I sold that car in 2017 when I purchased my new Jeep! I’ve since canceled that service… JUST REMEMBER TO CANCEL SERVICES IF YOU EVER SELL YOUR CAR!!!

#6 ·
My jeep is a 2020. I just picked the jeep up the middle of may, and I received an offer to renew for another 3 months. I just have to pay the processing fee of $2. I’m pretty sure that only covers the music channels though, no travel or traffic. I’m still trying to sort out my account online, as my new jeep/radio id has not updated onto my account. Whenever I log in it only shows my old challenger hellcat, which was a 2017. When I talk to a rep, they always say that my 2020 grand cherokee is on the account. For whatever reason I cannot see it. Maybe it’s because i’m still technically in the trial period? It’s always something!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.